Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Deflation, deflation, or déflation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Deflation refers to a decrease in the general price level, the opposite of inflation.
Deflation may also refer to:
- A release or escape of air or gas from an inflatable, resulting in its shrinking or collapsing
- A mode of wind erosion
- Dividing a polynomial by a linear factor which decreases its degree by one, as done for example in the Jenkins–Traub algorithm
- In philosophy, the use of a deflationary theory of truth, where the term truth is rejected as a real property of propositions
- Deflation (film), a 2001 short film
- The Great Deflation, a period of worldwide economic deflation occurring roughly between the years 1870–90
- DEFLATE, a widely used lossless compression algorithm originating from the program PKZIP
- Inflation (disambiguation), the antonym of deflation
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deflation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.