Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
|Jurisdiction||Government of India|
|Annual budget||₹6,000 crore (US$870 million) (2018-19 est.)|
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is an executive agency of the Union Government of the Republic of India. It was carved out of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology on 19 July 2016 as a standalone ministerial agency responsible for IT policy, strategy and development of electronics industry.
Previously known as "The Department of Information Technology", it was renamed to The Department of Electronics and Information Technology in 2012. On 19 July 2016, DeitY was made into full-fledged ministry, which henceforth is known as the Ministry of Electronics and Technology, bifurcating it from the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
The following is a list of organizations contained within "The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Union Government of the Republic of India".
- National Informatics Centre (NIC)
- Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification Directorate (STQC)
- Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA)
- Cyber Appellate Tribunal (CAT)
- Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Layout-Design Registry
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (ICERT)
- IN Registry
Companies under MeitY
- Media Lab Asia (MLAsia)
- National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI) — Public Sector Enterprise under control of National Informatics Centre.
- National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)
- Digital Locker
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- CSC e-Governance Services India Limited
Autonomous Societies of MeitY
- Education and Research in Computer Networking (ERNET)
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET)
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) — Formerly DOEACC Society
- Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER)
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)
- Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC)
For a list of ministers, see Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (India)#Former Ministers.
- "Budget data" (PDF). www.indiabudget.gov.in. 2019.
- "Who's who | Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India". Meity.gov.in. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Secretary's Office - Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India". meity.gov.in.
- "People and Offices". meity.gov.in.
- "Department of Information Technology renamed", NDTV, Press Trust of India, 18 April 2012
- "Deity becomes a new ministry leg up for Ravi Shankar Prasad", economictimes.indiatimes.com
- "Deity Organisations". Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Former Ministers - Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India". meity.gov.in.
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|