Del Bonita, Alberta
|Census division||No. 3|
|Municipal district||Cardston County|
|• Governing body||Cardston County Council|
|Elevation||1,305 m (4,281 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
Del Bonita is a hamlet in southern Alberta, Canada within Cardston County. It is located approximately 49 km (30 mi) south of Magrath at the junction of Highway 62 and Highway 501. It serves as a port of entry into the U.S. state of Montana at the nearby Canada – United States border crossing 3 km (1.9 mi) to the south. Del Bonita is a name derived from Spanish meaning "of the pretty".
Del Bonita lies at an elevation of 1,305 m (4,281 ft), on Shanks Creek, which flows into Shanks Lake and further east into the Milk River.
Statistics Canada has not recently published a population for Del Bonita.
However, Industry Canada shows that Del Bonita's greater rural area had a total population of 651 living in 143 dwellings in 2001. With a land area of 630.5 km2 (243.4 sq mi), its greater rural area has a population density of 3.0/km2 (7.8/sq mi).
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2013-12-31). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- Your Official Road Map of Alberta (Map). Alberta Tourism, Parks and Recreation. 2014.
- Place-names of Alberta. Ottawa: Geographic Board of Canada. 1928. p. 41.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 15 August 2019 to 0901Z 10 October 2019.
- Del Bonita Ghost Town
- Industry Canada/Web Archive (2006-11-04). "Del Bonita - Community demographics (2001 census)". Archived from the original on 2006-11-04. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
|This Southern Alberta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|