Del Carmen, Surigao del Norte
|Municipality of Del Carmen|
Del Carmen welcome sign
Map of Surigao del Norte with Del Carmen highlighted
|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Surigao del Norte|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Alfredo Matugas Coro II|
|• Electorate||10,485 voters (2016)|
|• Total||151.68 km2 (58.56 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)86|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||69.3 million (2016)|
Del Carmen, officially the Municipality of Del Carmen, is a 5th class municipality in the province of Surigao del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 18,392 people.
The municipality was formerly called Numancia until 1966 when it was changed to its present name.
Del Carmen is politically subdivided into 20 barangays.
|Population census of Del Carmen|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Surigao del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Caraga". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Republic Act No. 4786 Archived 2012-05-31 at the Wayback Machine, PhilippineLaw.info, retrieved 2012
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Caraga". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Caraga". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Surigao del Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Del Carmen, Surigao del Norte.|
- Municipality of Del Carmen, Siargao Islands, Surigao del Norte, Philippines
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Caraga region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|