Del Gallego, Camarines Sur
|Motto: Sulong Del Gallego!|
Map of Camarines Sur showing the location of Del Gallego
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Lydia B. Abarientos|
|• Total||208.31 km2 (80.43 sq mi)|
|Elevation||8 m (26 ft)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)54|
|Income class||4th class; partially urban|
Del Gallego is a fourth class municipality in the province of Camarines Sur, Philippines. It used to be called Danawin and is located along Kilbay River. It was established through Executive Order No. 56 Series of 1936 signed by then President Manuel L. Quezon. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 25,397 people.
The municipality celebrated its 75th foundation anniversary on October 5, 2013.
According to the town's socio-economic profile in the year 1998, agricultural workers are greater in number reaching about 70% of the whole working force while the remaining 30% are engaged in non-agricultural occupations.
In 1959, the following sitios were converted into barrios: Sinuknipan, Sabang, Pasay and Bajo (renamed to San Juan).
- Bagong Silang
- Magais I
- Magais II
- Zone I Fatima (Pob.)
- Zone II San Antonio (Pob.)
- Poblacion Zone III
- San Juan
- San Pablo
- Santa Rita I
- Santa Rita II
- Peñafrancia (Sinagawsawan)
- Sinuknipan I
- Sinuknipan II
|Population census of Del Gallego|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Del Gallego was 25,397 people, with a density of 120 inhabitants per square kilometre or 310 inhabitants per square mile.
Public and private schools:
- Del Gallego Central School
- Alfelor Sr. Memorial College
- Magais Elementary School
- Del Gallego High School
- Mansalaya National High School
- Sinuknipan National High School
- Colegio de Sta. Rita Foundation, Inc.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Province: CAMARINES SUR". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Region V (Bicol Region)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "R.A. No. 2108, An Act Creating Certain Barrios in the Municipality of Del Gallego, Province of Camarines Sur". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.[permanent dead link]
- "Region V (Bicol Region)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of Camarines Sur". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Official Site of the Province of Camarines Sur
||Tagkawayan, Quezon||San Lorenzo Ruiz, Camarines Norte|