Del Mar Heights, San Diego
Del Mar Heights is an upscale neighborhood near the coast in San Diego, California bordered by Solana Beach to the north, North City and Carmel Valley to the east, Del Mar to the west, and Torrey Pines to the south. I-5 forms the eastern boundary. It is noted for its hills.
The large office, retail, entertainment and academic facilities in University City a.k.a. UTC (over 9 million sq. ft. of office space), Sorrento Mesa/Sorrento Valley (also over 9 million sq. ft.), Torrey Pines (over 2.6 million sq. ft.), and Del Mar Heights/Carmel Valley (over 4.4 million sq. ft.), together form San Diego's "North City edge city", edge city being a major center of employment outside a traditional downtown.
- "City of San Diego Police Neighborhoods" (PDF). San Diego Police Department. 17 September 2011.
- "San Diego Office Market Report, Q1 2019", Avison Young
- Garreau, Joel (1991). Edge City. p. 436. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Del Mar Heights, San Diego.|
- Halverstadt, Lisa (4 October 2013). "What's in a Neighborhood? San Diego Isn't Sure". Voice of San Diego.
- "Demographic & Socio Economic Estimates: Torrey Pines" (PDF). San Diego Association of Governments. 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 April 2014. - Del Mar Heights is a neighborhood within the community planning area of Torrey Pines.