Delano Las Vegas
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Delano Las Vegas|
|Location||Paradise, Nevada, U.S.|
|Address||3940 South Las Vegas Boulevard|
|Opening||December 17, 2003|
|Owner||MGM Resorts International|
|Management||MGM Resorts International under license from Morgans Hotel Group|
|Floor area||420 m2 (4,500 sq ft)|
|Number of suites||1,118|
|Number of restaurants||1|
Delano Las Vegas (formerly known as THEhotel) is a 45-story 1,118 room luxury suite hotel. It is owned and operated by MGM Resorts International. It is located within the Mandalay Bay complex on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada. It was renovated and rebranded as the Delano Las Vegas on September 2, 2014, under a partnership between MGM and Morgans Hotel Group.
Historically, all rooms in the hotel were suites of at least 750 square feet (70 m2). Each suite comprises two rooms. Floors 39-41 (marked 60-62 in elevators) house Penthouses, which range from 1,500 to 2,500 square feet (140 to 230 m2). There is also a single Presidential Suite, named "HP", that is over 4,500 sq ft (420 m2). There are also "deluxe" suites available. While similar in style to the hotel's traditional rooms (single room), they are located on the Penthouse level and feature upgraded sheets, bath products, and other amenities not found in the standard suites below.
On May 23, 2002, the Mandalay Resort Group announced a second 1,122-room hotel tower, with a cost of at least $200 million. Construction began on the project in September 2002. The name of the tower, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, was revealed in October 2003. The tower opened on December 17, 2003. It offered the largest standard suites in Las Vegas.[non-primary source needed]
In 2006, the lettering at the top of the tower changed to "THEhotel" to distinguish the property. Formerly, the lettering was identical to the "Mandalay Bay" letters at the top of the original tower.
On August 6, 2012, MGM Resorts International announced the rebranding of THEhotel into the Delano Las Vegas. All of the suites at the hotel were redesigned, along with new bars, lounges, restaurants and nightclubs.
The Delano opened on September 2, 2014.
- "The Hotel to be rebranded as Delano Las Vegas". Las Vegas Review-Journal. August 6, 2012. Archived from the original on August 8, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- "Luxury Travel: Weekend in Vegas". 5 April 2018.
- Benston, Liz (May 24, 2002). "Mandalay building all-suite tower". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- "Company finalizes name for new tower". Las Vegas Sun. October 15, 2003. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Scherzer, Barbara (December 19, 2003). "New tower, THEhotel, opens at Strip resort". Las Vegas Business Press – via NewsBank.
- THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. PRNewswire. January 8, 2004. Archived from the original on June 18, 2004.
- "Mandalay Bay plans to announce changes, Delano work Oct. 15; 'Iron Chef'". 25 September 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-08-31. Retrieved 2014-08-28.