Delaware County Regional Airport
|Delaware County Regional Airport|
|Owner||Delaware County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||937 ft / 286 m|
Delaware County Regional Airport (IATA: MIE, ICAO: KMIE, FAA LID: MIE) is in Delaware County, Indiana three miles northwest of Muncie. Owned by the Delaware County Airport Authority, it was formerly Delaware County Airport and Johnson Field. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation facility.
In 2010 the airport had 23,644 aircraft operations, average 64 per day: 95% general aviation, 3% military, 2% air taxi, and 0% airline. It was home base to 22 aircraft: 86.5% single-engine, 4.5% multi-engine, 4.5% jet, and 4.5% helicopter.
Airline flights started in 1958-- Lake Central DC-3s. In 1981 Allegheny Commuter flew to Chicago-O'Hare and Indianapolis. By 1985 flights to Chicago were on Britt Airways and Indianapolis flights had ended. Great Lakes Airlines operated flights to and from Chicago's O'Hare International Airport in the 1990s.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MIE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Delaware County Regional Airport" (PDF). Small Community Air Service Development Program. August 2010.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (MIE: Delaware County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "KMIE – Delaware County Airport (Johnson Field)". FAA data republished by AirNav. Effective February 11, 2010. Archived from the original on April 7, 2010. Check date values in:
- Airlines and Aircraft Serving Chicago O'Hare Effective April 1, 1981, Departed Flights, Retrieved 2014-08-29
- Airlines and Aircraft Serving Indianapolis Effective April 1, 1981, Departed Flights, Retrieved 2014-08-29
- Airlines and Aircraft Serving Chicago O'Hare Effective February 15, 1985, Departed Flights, Retrieved 2014-08-29
- "Muncie Aviation Company". Official site. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Official website
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT at the Wayback Machine (archived August 15, 2010)
- Aerial image as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective May 25, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MIE, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: