Delaware Route 34
|Maintained by DelDOT|
|Length||3.30 mi (5.31 km)|
|Existed||1976 – present|
|West end||Duncan Road near Prices Corner|
| DE 41 near Prices Corner
DE 141 near Prices Corner
|East end||DE 100 near Elsmere|
Delaware Route 34 (DE 34), also known as Faulkland Road, is a state highway in New Castle County, Delaware. The route runs from an intersection with unnumbered Duncan Road, just west of DE 41, north of Prices Corner to DE 100 near Elsmere. Along the way, the route intersects DE 41 and DE 141 as it passes through suburban areas to the west of Wilmington. The road was paved in the 1930s and designated DE 34 in the 1970s.
DE 34 begins at an intersection with Duncan Road north of Prices Corner and heads east on two-lane undivided Faulkland Road through wooded areas and homes. The route intersects DE 41 and passes north of Brandywine Springs Park, where a park and pool lot is located, before it crosses Red Clay Creek and the Wilmington and Western Railroad. The road continues east through suburban neighborhoods, crossing Centerville Road. Farther east, DE 34 runs through residential and commercial areas, crossing Little Mill Creek before it comes to an intersection with DE 141. Past this junction, the route passes to the south of DuPont's Chestnut Run Plaza research facility. DE 34 crosses an East Penn Railroad line and heads between two cemeteries before ending at DE 100 north of the town of Elsmere, just west of the western city limit of Wilmington.
DE 34 has an annual average daily traffic count ranging from a high of 9,141 vehicles at the DE 100 intersection to a low of 3,482 vehicles at the DE 41 intersection. None of DE 34 is part of the National Highway System.
The entire route is in New Castle County.
|Prices Corner||0.00||0.00||Duncan Road||Western terminus|
|0.23||0.37||DE 41 (Newport Gap Pike)|
|DE 141 (Centre Road)|
|Elsmere||3.30||5.31||DE 100 (Dupont Road) to DE 2||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Delaware Department of Highways and Transportation (1976). Delaware Highways Official Map (PDF) (Map). Dover: Delaware Department of Highways and Transportation. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- Staff (2016). "Traffic Count and Mileage Report: Interstate, Delaware, and US Routes" (PDF). Delaware Department of Transportation. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- Delaware Department of Transportation (2017). Official Travel & Transportation Map (Map). Dover: Delaware Department of Transportation.
- Google (February 6, 2011). "overview of Delaware Route 34" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- National Highway System: Delaware (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. 2010. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Delaware State Highway Department (1920). Official Road Map (PDF) (Map). Dover: Delaware State Highway Department. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- Delaware State Highway Department; The National Survey Co. (1936). Official Road Map of the State of Delaware (PDF) (Map) (1936–1937 ed.). Dover: Delaware State Highway Department. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
Route map: Google
- Media related to Delaware Route 34 at Wikimedia Commons