Delaware Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Delaware Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
Location of Delaware Township in Delaware County
|• Total||10.9 sq mi (28.2 km2)|
|• Land||10.8 sq mi (28.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||886 ft (270 m)|
|• Density||199/sq mi (76.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086046|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Troy Township - north
- Brown Township - northeast
- Berlin Township - southeast
- Liberty Township - south
- Concord Township - southwest
- Scioto Township - west
- Radnor Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Emergency medical services in Delaware Township are provided by the Delaware County EMS.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Delaware township, Delaware County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Delaware County EMS