Delaware Valley Radio Association
The Delaware Valley Radio Association (DVRA) is a historic amateur radio organization. The Delaware Valley Radio Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization devoted to the promotion and preservation of the amateur radio hobby. The club is composed of amateur radio operators and their families. The DVRA is a Special Service Club, a distinction awarded by the American Radio Relay League (ARRL), which is the national association for amateur radio.
With over a hundred active members and a fully equipped radio station, the Delaware Valley Radio Association is one of the nation’s oldest radio clubs, having been founded in 1930. Persons interested in learning more about Amateur Radio are encouraged to explore the club’s website or attend any regular meeting of the club. The DVRA meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, 137 West Upper Ferry Road, West Trenton, NJ. The church is located one-quarter mile west of the intersection of routes 634 and 579, and is just south of Trenton-Mercer Airport.
Operating as W2ZQ, it was originally licensed as W3AQ prior to the realignment of FCC callsign districts after World War II.
Facilities and Activities
- A fully equipped club radio station with two HF stations, Packet, VHF & UHF stations
- A competitive antenna farm with beams for all bands from 40 meters to 1.2 GHz
- Two repeaters, one with autopatch and the other with EchoLink
- A packet radio Bulletin Board (BBS)
- Support for state and local ARES and RACES groups
- Support to Mercer County Skywarn  as sponsored by NOAA
- Amateur radio license training classes and testing 
- A comprehensive monthly newsletter
- Events throughout the year including memorable guest speakers at monthly club meetings
- Fun and competitive Field Day activities with multiple stations and different modes
- Annual hamfest held at Mercer County Park
- A club picnic in August
- A holiday party in December
- A place to share experiences with others with similar interests
- See below for a link to photos of amateur radio station W2ZQ
- The American Radio Relay League (2008), http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/club/clubsearch.phtml?srchname=w2zq&selname=Show+clubs+by+name+or+call+sign