|Delegete, Delegate River East Branch, Delegate River West Branch|
|States||Victoria, New South Wales|
|Regions||Australian Alps (IBRA), Victorian Alps, Snowy Mountains|
|LGAs||East Gippsland, Bombala|
|Part of||Snowy River|
|- left||Bidwell Creek, Snake Gully, Sawpit Creek, Brownlies Creek, Gibraltar Creek (New South Wales), Basin Creek, Tombong Creek|
|- right||Hutchinson Creek, Boundary Creek (New South Wales), Riverview Creek, Haydens Bog Creek, Little Plains River, Mother Moores Creek, Bombala River, Slaughter House Creek|
|Source||Gunmark Range, Errinundra Plateau|
|- location||near Goongerah, East Gippsland, Victoria|
|- elevation||1,150 m (3,773 ft)|
|Mouth||confluence with the Snowy River|
|- location||Delegate, Snowy Mountains, New South Wales|
|Length||50 km (31 mi)|
|National parks||Errinundra NP, Kosciuszko NP|
Course and features
The Delegate River rises below Cob Hill within Errinundra National Park on the north western slopes of Gunmark Range, part of the Errinundra Plateau, approximately 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) east northeast of Goongerah, in East Gippsland, Victoria. The river flows generally north, east southeast, northeast, north, and then northwest, flowing across the part of the boundary between New South Wales and Victoria, joined by sixteen tributaries including the Little Plains River and the Bombala River, before reaching its confluence with the Snowy River, 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) north northeast of Tombong, north of the town of Delegate and west northwest of the town of Bombala. The river descends 643 metres (2,110 ft) over its 127-kilometre (79 mi) course.
- Delegate River Diversion Tunnel
- List of rivers of New South Wales (A-K)
- List of rivers of Australia
- Rivers of New South Wales
- "Delegate River". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Delegate River East Branch: 615536". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Retrieved 2 June 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Delegate River West Branch: 615537". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Retrieved 2 June 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Delegate River: 615535". Vicnames. Government of Victoria. 2 May 1966. Archived from the original on 12 January 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Map of Delegate River, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Snowy River sub-catchment". East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- "Snowy River - Catchment Map" (map). East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. Government of Victoria.
- East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority (2013). East Gippsland regional catchment strategy 2013 -2019 (PDF). Bairnsdale: East Gippsland Catchment Management Authority. ISBN 978-0-9758164-6-2.