(Redirected from Delegation (programming))Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Delegation (object-oriented programming), evaluating a member of one object (the receiver) in the context of another, original object (the sender).
- Delegation pattern, a design pattern implementing this feature.
- Forwarding (object-oriented programming), an often-confused technique where a sending object uses the corresponding member of another object, without the receiving object having any knowledge of the original, sending object.
- Object aggregation or consultation, general term for one object using another.
- Delegation (computer security), one user or process allowing another user or process to use their credentials or permissions.
- Delegate (CLI), a form of type-safe function pointer used by the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), specifying both a method to call and optionally an object to call the method on.
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.