(Redirected from Delegation (programming))Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Delegation (object-oriented programming), evaluating a member of one object (the receiver) in the context of another, original object (the sender).
- Delegation pattern, a design pattern implementing this feature.
- Forwarding (object-oriented programming), an often-confused technique where a sending object uses the corresponding member of another object, without the receiving object having any knowledge of the original, sending object.
- Object aggregation or consultation, general term for one object using another.
- Delegation (computer security), one user or process allowing another user or process to use their credentials or permissions.
- Delegate (CLI), a form of type-safe function pointer used by the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), specifying both a method to call and optionally an object to call the method on.