Delhi Public School, Varanasi
|Delhi Public School|
|Motto||Service Before Self|
|Chairman||Rear Admiral M. M. Chopra|
|Affiliations||Central Board of Secondary Education|
Delhi Public School (DPS), Varanasi is a private, co-educational school belonging to the Delhi Public School Society in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), DPS Varanasi commenced with its first academic session on 7 April 2003. In 2013, the school completed 10 years of its functioning. DPS Varanasi has been performing well on the academic front too with almost 40 students belonging to the current 2013 Class X batch scoring a perfect 10 CGPA in the CBSE board exams.
DPS Varanasi is the 17th DPS branch in Uttar Pradesh and the 100th among all its branches in India and abroad, the first being the Delhi Public School at Mathura Road which was established in 1949 in New Delhi. Mr Narendra Kumar, former chairman of the Delhi Public School Society officially flagged off the Varanasi branch in October 2002, with the academic session commencing in April 2003. Initially, classes from LKG to VI were begun but later on, middle as well as secondary levels were also added to the school. The first principal of DPS Varanasi was Mr S Sharma, who earlier worked at DPS, RK Puram.
The DPS Varanasi campus is located on Mohansarai Bypass Road on National Highway 2 and spans over 8 acres (32,000 square metres). Besides an adequate number of classrooms, the school building also comprises individual Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Computer laboratories. A sports complex with indoor game facilities like chess, badminton, table tennis and carrom complete with trained instructors is also a part of the school campus, including a swimming pool. Also, DPS Varanasi is a member of VSAT linked Edu-Link initiative of the DPS Society through which students can attend online classes and learn from teachers belonging to the All India DPS Fraternity.
- "Delhi Public School Society". Dpsfamily.org. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Welcome to Central Board of Secondary Education". Cbse.nic.in. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Academic session of DPS to start from April 7 : Sunday Pioneer : February 2003 : Press release image". Dpsvaranasi.com. Archived from the original (JPG) on 24 February 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "100% result in CBSE class X - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-05-31. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Members of the Delhi Public School Society". Dps.edu.sg. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Delhi Public Schools flags off Varanasi branch : Press release image". Dpsvaranasi.com. Archived from the original (JPG) on 24 February 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Delhi Public School R.K. Puram, New Delhi". Dpsrkp.net. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Delhi Public School R.K. Puram, New Delhi, India". Dpsrkp.net. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "DPS Varanasi". DPS Varanasi. Archived from the original on 2013-08-20. Retrieved 2013-08-18.