Delhi Public School Society
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Delhi Public School Society|
|Motto||Service Before Self|
|Founder||Dr Vijay Pawar /Pinkesh Barjatiya|
|Key people||Rajababu Tiwari|
Delhi Public School Society is one of the largest institutions providing education at school level in India and abroad. It has a large number of schools under its control in India and abroad. The Delhi Public School Society is the administrative authority for all the institutions under its banner. Some of the schools are also affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in New Delhi. The Society was founded by Pinkesh Barjatiya in 1949 and later developed by Anant Barjatiya. After this Rear Admin Anant Barjatiya has been appointed as new vice-chairman of Delhi Public School Society. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860.
There are over 207 private schools in India and other countries with the largest schools located at Raipur, Agra, Aurangabad,Saharanpur, Allahabad, Angul, Asansol, Bokaro, Bhopal, Bhilai, Bangalore Chandigarh, Gwalior, Korba, Hyderabad, Indore, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Damanjodi, Bikaner, Gurdaspur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jalandhar Dhanbad, Sonipat, Hathras, Bathinda, Farakka, R.K. Puram, Mathura Road, Mangalore, Ahmedabad, Patna, Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhagalpur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Noida, Ghaziabad, Digboi, Meerut, Jodhpur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Kolkata, Udaipur, Yamuna Nagar, Dehradun, Durgapur, Faridabad, Dwarka, Sitapur, Surat, and Vasant Kunj. Outside India there are schools in United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Indonesia, Kuwait, Nepal (Birgunj, Dharan and Biratnagar), Qatar, Saudi Arabia (Jeddah and Riyadh), Singapore, Uganda (Kampala) and Ghana (Accra) and Bangladesh (Dhaka).
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, founded in 1949 by educationist Reverend James Douglas Tytler was the first Delhi Public School. It was followed in 1972 by Delhi Public School, R K Puram, which is widely recognized as the flagship school of the DPSS.
A similarly named Delhi Public School Trust is a very famous trust.
All the schools of the society are affiliated to CBSE except for DPS New Town, Kolkata, DPS Mega City, Kolkata and DPS International at Singapore which are affiliated to ICSE, and DPS International, Saket, New Delhi which is affiliated to IGCSE.
List of schools
|1||Delhi Public School, Raipur||2004|
|2||Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram||1972|
|3||Delhi Public School, Noida||1982|
|4||Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj||1991|
|5||Delhi Public School, Faridabad||1995|
|6||Delhi Public School, Greater Noida||1998|
|7||Delhi Public School, Bulandshahar|
|8||Delhi Public School Rohini||1995|
|9||Delhi Public School Dwarka|
|10||Delhi Public School, Navi Mumbai|
|11||DPS International, Saket|
|12||Delhi Public School, Digboi||1996|
|13||Delhi Private School, Sharjah||2000|
Academia and business
- Harsh Chitale – CEO, HCL Infosystems.
- Pawan Jain – Founder, Mangalayatan University.
- Shekhar Chatterjee—CEO at Host Dude Solutions
- Rahul Arora – CEO at SR motors.
- Priyamvada Natarajan – Professor at the Astronomy and Physics department of Yale University.
- Raghuram Rajan - Former Governor of Reserve Bank of India, Distinguished Service Professor at University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Government and bureaucracy
- Raghuram Rajan – 23rd Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Pravesh Verma – Member of the Delhi Legislative Assembly for Mehrauli.
- Salman Khurshid
TV and print media
- Ambika Anand – Anchor, NDTV.
- Ankit Fadia – Bestselling Author and Host of MTV What the Hack.
- Mayank Shekhar – Journalist and Film Critic.
- Paaras Zutshi – Winner of the reality show Superdude on UTV Bindass.
- Suhail Mathur - Bestselling author, Literary Agent and Script & Screenplay writer
- Shariq - Best selling author.
- Randeep Hooda – Bollywood Actor.
- Kriti Sanon – Bollywood Actress and Model.
- Indrani Dasgupta – Bollywood Actor and Model.
- Shilpa Shukla – Bollywood Actress, known for her work in the Indian Parallel Cinema.
- "Leaders at the Helm of Affairs". Delhi Public School Society. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Express News Service. "DPS Society expels Salman Khurshid". Archived from the original on 7 September 2008. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- , www.dpsfamily.org, accessed on 16 May 2011
- official website of the delhi public school society. "Leaders at the Helm of Affairs". Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- Reech Lesure. "Delhi Public School - Indore". dpsindore.org.
- List of schools abroad on the Delhi Public School Society website Archived 2 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) - Frontpage - Cong listens to sole". telegraphindia.com.
- Ajay Kumar Sharma. A History of Educational Institutions in Delhi. Sanbun Publishers. pp. 286–. ISBN 978-93-80213-14-9.
- "Delhi Public School Society - Accredition". DPS Society. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Catch the MTV Youth Icons". mid-day.com.
- "Mahesh Babu and Kriti Sanon in 1 Nenokkadine". gallery.oneindia.in.
- "Joyride on the ramp". The Hindu. 9 October 2003. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Scandal in school shakes up Delhi". The Telegraph. 26 November 2004. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Public School Society.|