|Kansas Secretary of Labor|
|Assumed office |
January 14, 2019
|Preceded by||Lana Gordon|
|Member of the Kansas House of Representatives for the 103rd District|
|Succeeded by||Ponka-We Victors|
|Born||May 13, 1977|
|Education||Wichita State University (BA)|
St. Mary's University (MA)
Delia Garcia (born May 13, 1977) is an American official currently serving as the Kansas Secretary of Labor. Garcia perviously served as a Democratic member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the 103rd district. She served from 2005 to 2010, and was a member of the Kansas Democratic Hispanic Caucus.
Garcia, who has a Bachelor's degree from Wichita State University and a Master's in political science from St. Mary's University, Texas, worked as a professor at Butler Community College, as well as an assistant manager at Connie's Mexico Cafe.
In 2010, rather than run for re-election herself, she helped longtime ally Ponka-We Victors file as the sole candidate in the Democratic primary election. (No Republican had bothered to run in the 103rd district since 1998.) Victors has held the seat ever since.
- Commerce and Labor
- Veterans, Military and Homeland Security
- Local Government (Ranking Member)
The top 5 donors to Garcia's 2008 campaign:
- Kansans for Lifesaving Cures: $750
- Garcia, Delia: $725
- Ruffin, Phil: $600
- The Kansas Realtor PAC: $500
- Comejo, Ronald J: $500
- "Kansas Legislators Past and Present-Delia Garcia". Archived from the original on 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- Project Vote Smart – Rep. Garcia Biography
- "Koranda, Jeannine. "Wichita's 103rd District has a new state representative: Ponka-We Victors" [[Wichita Eagle]] June 10, 2010". Archived from the original on March 24, 2013. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Follow the Money – 2008 Campaign Contributions