Delicate Sound of Thunder (film)
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Delicate Sound of Thunder|
VHS cover of Delicate Sound of Thunder (U.S./JP/AUS versions)
|Directed by||Wayne Isham|
|Music by||Pink Floyd|
CBS Music Video Enterprises (non-Europe)|
Picture Music International (Europe)
|13 June 1989|
Delicate Sound of Thunder is a Pink Floyd concert video taken from A Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour. It was largely filmed during the concerts running from 19 August 1988 through 23 August 1988 at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York, with some additional footage from 21–22 June 1988 at the Place d'Armes of the Château de Versailles, Versailles, France (used to provide the performance of "The Great Gig in the Sky". Note that the Versailles show was only used for some of the video footage. The audio is from Nassau). It was released on VHS, Video CD and Laserdisc formats. It has never been officially released on DVD. Each song in common with the CD release uses the same performance (except "Run Like Hell" and "On the Turning Away", the latter of which has a different guitar solo at the end) with the audience a little higher in the mix. The remaining three songs—"Signs of Life", "On the Run", and "One Slip"—all come from Nassau as well. The two tracks from the A Momentary Lapse of Reason LP were recorded on 23 August 1988, while "On the Run" was recorded on 19 August 1988. The determining factor in figuring out which of the remaining songs was from which night was the clothing differences, most notably which tie was being worn by Jon Carin.
- "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part I)" (Waters/Wright/Gilmour)
- "Signs of Life" (Gilmour/Ezrin)
- "Learning to Fly" (Gilmour/Moore/Ezrin/Carin)
- "Sorrow" (Gilmour)
- "The Dogs of War" (Gilmour/Moore)
- "On the Turning Away" (Gilmour/Moore)
- "One of These Days" (Gilmour/Mason/Waters/Wright)
- "Time" (Mason/Waters/Wright/Gilmour)
- "On the Run" (Gilmour/Waters)
- "The Great Gig in the Sky" (Wright)
- "Wish You Were Here" (Waters/Gilmour)
- "Us and Them" (Waters/Wright)
- "Money" (Waters) NTSC version only
- "Comfortably Numb" (Gilmour/Waters)
- "One Slip" (Gilmour/Manzanera)
- "Run Like Hell" (Gilmour/Waters)
- "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts II-V)" (audio only) (end credits)
Songs omitted from the Film
The following songs which were part of the 1988 set were not included in the film:
- "Yet Another Movie" *
- "Round and Around" *
- "A New Machine"
- "Terminal Frost"
- "Welcome to the Machine"
- "Money" (PAL version) *
- "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)" *
Songs with asterisk (*) are included in the album version.
- Richard Wright - keyboards, piano, Hammond organ, vocals
- Tim Renwick - guitars, vocals
- Jon Carin - keyboards, piano, programming, vocals
- Scott Page - saxophones, guitar
- Guy Pratt - bass, vocals
- Gary Wallis - percussion, additional keyboards and vocals on "Comfortably Numb"
- Margaret Taylor - backing vocals
- Rachel Fury - backing vocals
- Durga McBroom - backing vocals