Screenshot of Delicious Library 3
|Operating system||Mac OS X Tiger for Delicious Library
Mac OS X Leopard for Delicious Library 2
Mac OS X Mountain Lion for Delicious Library 3
Delicious Library is a media cataloguing application for Mac OS X, developed by Delicious Monster to allow the user to keep track and manage their physical collections of books, movies, CDs, and video games.
The software was initially released in November 2004, with $250,000 in sales in its first month. Delicious Library 2 was released officially on May 27, 2008, although the final version was available from March 25. Delicious Library 3 is available from the Mac App Store and the developers website for Macintosh systems running OS 10.8 or higher.
- Enter media items in the following ways:
- Integration with Mac OS X's Address Book application to allow "lending management"
- Voice Search
- iPod syncing
- Spotlight compatibility
- Mini Bookshelf Dashboard widget
- Printouts of specific shelves or entire libraries
- Custom Collections allow the user to create their own "shelves" to organize their media.
- When a Star Wars item is added, Delicious Library says, "I am your father", in the whisper voice;
- When a Harry Potter item is added, Delicious Library says "Voldemort", in the whisper voice;
- When A Brief History of Time is added, the library talks about science concepts in a mock-synthesized voice;
- When Rock Band is added, Delicious Library sings a portion of "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden in the whisper voice.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2010)|
Delicious Library has received a plethora of positive reviews, having been called "blazing fast compared to its predecessors" and "featur[ing] tighter integration with other Apple apps and services".
The only Delicious Library app was withdrawn from the iOS App Store in July 2009. Amazon had asked for the app to be removed due to violation of the Amazon API terms and conditions section 4e "(e) You will not, without our express prior written approval requested via this link, use any Product Advertising Content on or in connection with any site or application designed or intended for use with a mobile phone or other handheld device." NB: The terms and conditions have since been updated.
- Apple Design Award Best Mac OS X Leopard Application 2007 Winner
- Apple Design Award Best Mac OS X user experience 2005 winner
- Apple Design Award Best product new to Mac OS X 2005 runner-up
- Macworld SF 2005 showtime award winner
- Macworld 2005 Eddy winner
- O'Reilly Innovators Award 2004 (First place winner)
- MediaMan, a similar application for Windows
- GCstar, an open source cross-platform similar application available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Kahney, Leander (2005-01-14). "Monster Fueled by Caffeine". Wired. Archived from the original on 2013-04-29. Retrieved 2008-05-03.
- Wired – First Look: Delicious Library 2.0 Burns With Animated Cool