|Patrick De Wael|
Number of employees
Huyghe Brewery (Dutch: Brouwerij Huyghe) is a brewery founded in 1906 by Leon Huyghe in city of Melle in East Flanders, Belgium. Its "flagship" beer is Delirium Tremens, a golden ale frequently rated as one of the best beers in the world.
The site of the brewery has been in operation since 1654.[clarification needed] Huyghe founded his brewery in 1906; it acquired the present name in 1938. While the company initially brewed a regular pilsner, it soon began brewing the kinds of beers now typically known as "Belgian", including a series of beers under the "Delirium" tag, with pink elephants on the label. The best known of these is Delirium Tremens, a blonde, Belgian ale. Other beers brewed include a Christmas beer and a beer called Deliria, a beer selected from 65 entries by women brewers, in addition to a number of fruit beers with low ABV.
- Delirium Nocturnum - 8.5% alcohol
- Delirium Noël - a winter seasonal offering, 10.0% ABV
- Delirium Tremens - 8.5% alcohol
Delirium Tremens in Palm Springs
- Yenne, Bill (2014). Beer: The Ultimate World Tour. MBI. p. 127. ISBN 9781937994419.
- Oliver, Garrett (2011). The Oxford Companion to Beer. Oxford UP. pp. 472–73. ISBN 9780199912100.
- Hampson, Tim (2014). The Beer Book. DK Publishing. p. 206. ISBN 9781465437679.
- "Delirium Nocturnum - Brouwerij Huyghe - Melle, Belgium". BeerAdvocate. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- Sudo, Chuck (2006-12-06). "Chicagoist's "Beer of the Week": Delirium Nocturnum". Chicagoist. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- "Delirium Tremens". RateBeer. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "A Welcome Home", Fritz Hahn, The Washington Post, 10 January 2003.
- "Sip of the Week", Peter St. Onge, Charlotte Observer, 11 October 2006.
- Stuart A. Kallen, The 50 Greatest Beers in the World, Replica Books, 1999. ISBN 0-7351-0086-1, ISBN 978-0-7351-0086-2
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Huyghe brewery.|
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Belgium-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|