Deliver Us from Evil (1973 film)
|Deliver Us from Evil|
|Written by||Jack B. Sowards|
|Directed by||Boris Sagal|
|Music by||Andrew Belling|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Production location(s)||Mount Hood National Forest|
|Running time||75 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Playboy Productions|
Warner Bros. Television
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original release||September 11, 1973|
Deliver Us from Evil is a 1973 American made-for-television crime drama film starring George Kennedy, Jan-Michael Vincent and Bradford Dillman. It originally aired as the ABC Movie of the Week on September 11, 1973. The film's synopsis is probably inspired from the real-life skyjacker "D B Cooper" who on November 24, 1971, hijacked an airliner, extorting US$200,000 and then parachuted out of the plane never to be seen again.
It tells the story of six male hikers in the mountains who kill a parachuting skyjacker and fight between themselves over his stolen $600,000.
- George Kennedy as Walter "Cowboy" Mcadams
- Jan-Michael Vincent as Nick Fleming
- Jack Weston as Al Zabrocki
- Bradford Dillman as Steven Dennis
- Charles Aidman as Arnold Fleming
- Allen Pinson as Skyjacker
The film was originally called Fair Game. It was shot in Mount Hood in Oregon's Cascade Mountains. "It's a masculine film, shot against the masculine country essential to an action-suspense drama," write Kennedy. "We expect it to be compared with The Treasure of Sierra Madre."
The Los Angeles Times said the film was predictable but praised George Kennedy's performance.
- D B Cooper Wikipage
- RAIN, SLEET, SNOW: An Actor on His Appointed Rounds Kennedy, George. Los Angeles Times 7 Sep 1973: d29.
- Stumbling Out of the Starting Gate Smith, Cecil. Los Angeles Times 11 Sep 1973: d17.
- Deliver Us from Evil. Warner Home Video (DVD). Burbank, California: Warner Bros. September 6, 2006. ASIN B0042ID39Q. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
|This article related to an American television drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1970s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|