|Born||Delma Dorothie Lowman
October 31, 1897
Lone Elm, Kansas, U.S.
|Died||January 24, 2012
(aged 114 years, 85 days)
Creswell, Oregon, U.S.
|Residence||Creswell, Oregon, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Baker University|
|Occupation||Retired biology and English teacher|
|Known for||Being a supercentenarian|
|Spouse(s)||William “Earl” Hoggatt (1898–1966)
(m. 1923–1966, his death)
Delma Dorothie Kollar (née Lowman; October 31, 1897 – January 24, 2012) was an American supercentenarian. At the time of her death, she was the fourth oldest living person in the world, behind Besse Cooper, Dina Manfredini and Jiroemon Kimura. On her last birthday, she became one of only 88 people to have attained the age of 114. Before recent research, she was thought to have been born in 1898. This was proved to have been wrong, based on the data in the census closest to her date of birth and proof that her younger sister was born in February 1899.
Kollar was one of six children; both her parents lived into their 90s, and two of Kollar's aunts lived past 100. After high school, Kollar attended Cottey College, earning a teaching certificate. Her first teaching job was in a two-room schoolhouse in Prairiedell. Later she earned college degrees in biology and English from Baker University and then worked as a schoolteacher in Kansas and California for more than 25 years. In 1923, Kollar married William Hoggatt. They had three children: Jean Cooper, Earlene Duncan, and Bill Hoggatt. William died in December 1966.
Kollar outlived all 5 of her siblings and two of her 3 children. She had 6 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren, 11 great-great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-great-grandchild.
- List of supercentenarians from the United States
- List of the verified oldest people
- List of the verified oldest women
- "Oldest Oregonian dies in Creswell | Delma Kollar may have been the world's fourth-oldest person". Registerguard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-25.[dead link]
- Baker, Mark. "113 | Main News | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon". Special.registerguard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-25.
- "Delma Kollar is 111, or is it 112?, McKenzie Bridge, Oregon". STPNS. 2009-11-12. Retrieved 2012-01-25.
- "114 YEARS YOUNG | Creswell woman is ranked as the world's fifth-oldest person". Registerguard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-25.[dead link]