The Delphi Inscription, or Gallio Inscription (IG, VII, 1676; SIG, II, 801d), is the name given to the collection of nine fragments of a letter written by the Roman emperor Claudius c. 52 CE which was discovered early in the 20th century at the Temple of Apollo in Delphi, Greece.
The reconstructed inscription begins thus:
- Tiber[ius Claudius Cae]sar Augustus Ge[rmanicus, invested with tribunician po]wer [for the 12th time, acclaimed Imperator for t]he 26th time, F[ather of the Fa]ther[land...]. For a l[ong time have I been not onl]y [well-disposed towards t]he ci[ty] of Delph[i, but also solicitous for its pro]sperity, and I have always guard[ed th]e cul[t of t]he [Pythian] Apol[lo. But] now [since] it is said to be desti[tu]te of [citi]zens, as [L. Jun]ius Gallio, my fri[end] an[d procon]sul, [recently reported to me, and being desirous that Delphi] should retain [inta]ct its for[mer rank, I] ord[er you (pl.) to in]vite well-born people also from [ot]her cities [to Delphi as new inhabitants....]
The reference to proconsul Gallio in the inscription provides an important marker for developing a chronology of the life of Apostle Paul by relating it to the trial of Paul in Achaea mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles (18:12-17).
- The Gallio Inscription at http://users.wfu.edu
- Paul: his letters and his theology by Stanley B. Marrow 1986 ISBN 0-8091-2744-X page 47 
- Christianity and the Roman Empire: background texts by Ralph Martin Novak 2001 ISBN 1-56338-347-0 pages 20-22
- Jerome Murphy-O'Connor, St. Paul's Corinth: Text and Archaeology (Liturgical Press, 2002) ISBN 9780814653036 p.161.
- A. Köstenberger, The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament, 2009 ISBN 978-0-8054-4365-3 page 400
- The Cambridge Companion to St Paul by James D. G. Dunn (Nov 10, 2003) Cambridge Univ Press ISBN 0521786940 page 20
- Novak, Ralph Martin (2001). Christianity and the Roman Empire: Background Texts. Continuum International Publishing Group. pp. 20–22. ISBN 978-1-56338-347-2.
- Murphy-O'Connor, Jerome (2002). St. Paul's Corinth: Text and Archaeology. Liturgical Press. pp. 161–169. ISBN 978-0-8146-5303-6.
- Köstenberger; Andreas J.; L. Scott Kellum & Charles Quarles (2009). The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament. B&H Publishing Group. p. 400. ISBN 978-0-8054-4365-3.
- http://www.kchanson.com/ANCDOCS/greek/gallio.html Greek text and English translation