Delta Corp Limited
|Founded||1985; 35 years ago|
|Jaydev Mody (chairman)|
|Revenue||₹90,000 million (US$1.3 billion) (March 2021)|
Number of employees
Delta Corp Limited, previously known as Arrow Webtex Ltd., is an Indian gaming and hospitality corporation that owns and operates casinos and hotels under several brands. It is India’s only listed company engaged in casino (live, electronic and online) gaming. They are the largest player in organised gaming, their first-mover advantage across the under-penetrated industry in India has enabled them to secure a leadership position in the Indian gaming and entertainment industry. It runs the majority of the offshore casinos on Panaji, Goa. It is the largest gaming company in India with a revenue of ₹INR 4829.10 Cr.
Delta Corp Limited was incorporated as a privately held company under the name Creole Holdings Company Pvt Ltd on 5 November 1985. The company became a deemed public limited company with the acquisition of shares by Finolex group and the name was changed to Creole Holdings Company Ltd on 2 June 1992. During the year 2003-04, Finolex Cables Ltd divested their shareholding in the company and thus the company ceased to be a subsidiary. On 25 September 2003, the company was converted into a private limited company. In 2007, the company changed its name to Arrow Webtex Ltd. In 2008, the company once again changed its name to Delta Corp Limited, which is currently used.
Delta Corp divisions
Entertainment and Gaming
On 1 December 2015, Delta Corp Limited announced that it had been granted a license to operate a casino at its Deltin Suite in Goa. On 6 April 2016, the Government of Goa extended the company's offshore casino license to operate casinos on the Mandovi River until 31 March 2017. Deltin owns three offshore casinos in Goa, making it a dominant player there. It also owns a number of casinos in Goa, namely Deltin Royale, Deltin JAQK, Deltin Caravela and one luxury hotel, Deltin Suites. In March 2014, the company launched The Deltin a INR 4,000,000,000 property which is India's largest integrated casino resort in Daman, named as The Deltin. Since these casino gaming vessels are anchored on Mandovi River in Goa, Delta Corp has acquired jetties (Betim, Reis Magos, Barcolento) and six feeder boats in order to ferry its customers from the main land to the offshore casinos. In July 2016, the company acquired a temporary license to operate casinos in Gangtok, Sikkim. Through the acquisition of online poker site Adda52.com, they established their presence in India’s online gaming business. In a recent development, Delta Corporation, has announced that it has acquired shares in Halaplay Technologies Pvt. Ltd, the company which operates Halaplay, a fantasy sports website.
With five operational decks, Deltin Royale is Asia’s largest offshore gaming vessel and a premium casino. It offers 964+ gaming positions spread across 50,000 sq. ft. comprising 120+ gaming tables, 4 VVIP gaming rooms, and 60+ slot machines. It has India’s largest dedicated poker room – Royale Poker Room. The first-ever World Poker Tournament organized in India was proudly hosted at Deltin Royale.
Operational since 2008, Deltin JAQK, with four decks, caters primarily to the value-oriented segment. It is spread across 40,000 sq. ft. and has a separate VIP gaming area, and offers 431+ gaming positions, comprising 50+ gaming tables and 15+ slot machines. It provides entertainment for the entire family, with a dedicated playroom and a crèche for toddlers. The casino is also equipped with an aqua bar and two VIP suites.
Deltin Caravela (Casino Goa)
It is an affordable gaming destination with 217+ gaming positions, spread across 25,000 sq. ft. The company plans to upgrade the casino to a newer vessel.
Delta Corp owns the right to operate and manage the casino on the first cruise vessel and also the right to operate casinos in all further cruise vessels of Jalesh.
To expand gaming footprint to other regions, they partnered with Hotel Welcome Heritage Denzong Regency to set up a casino in Sikkim. The casino, which services the eastern region of India, offers 206+ gaming positions and is spread across 15,000 sq. ft. gaming area and has a separate VIP gaming area.
They have joined hands with Nepal-based Everest Hospitality and Hotel Pvt. Ltd. to operate a casino in the 235-room 5-star Marriott Hotel in Kathmandu. This is in line with the Company’s strategy of expanding its imprint in the region. The casino is spread across 15,000 sq. ft. and has 220+ gaming positions, with a separate VIP gaming area.
Delta Corp currently owns one hotel in Goa and one in Daman:
- Deltin Suites is a 106-room all-suite hotel and casino in Goa, with a gaming area aggregating 1,000 sq. ft. with 59+ gaming positions, located at a distance of 5–10 minutes from the popular Candolim and Calangute beaches, it is close to the boarding points for the offshore casinos.
- The Deltin, Daman is a 176-room five-star deluxe property and the largest integrated resort spread over 10 acres, with 3,00,000 sq. ft. of developed area. It offers the largest banquet facility in the area, with three bars, four specialty restaurants, 27,000 sq. ft. of indoor event catering to Weddings and MICE space, and 8,000 sq. ft. high-end retail space. The hotel is a 2.5-hour drive from Mumbai, and a similar driving distance from major cities in Gujarat.
The company also owns a 35% equity share in Advani Hotels & Resorts India Limited. However, this is not operated or controlled by Delta Corp.
- "Delta Corp Annual Report" (PDF). Delta Corp.
- "Delta Corp Ltd". Business Standard India. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Jhunjhunwala stock among 10 ideas that may turn out to be dark horses - Investment Ideas". The Economic Times. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Delta Corp Ltd". wikibusiness.org. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Delta Corp Ltd". www.deltacorp.in. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Delta Corp Ltd". Edelweiss. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Delta Corp Ltd". The Economic Times. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Delta Corp inches up after bagging license for a casino in Goa". Business Standard. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Delta Corp surges as Goa extends offshore casino licenses". The Economic Times. 7 April 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- Layak, Suman. "Jaydev Mody: Gambler-turned-gaming entrepreneur & promoter of Delta Corp bets on casinos". The Economic Times. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Delta Corp: Reports, Company History, Directors Report, Chairman's Speech, Auditors Report of Delta Corp". profit.ndtv.com. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Delta Corp acquires temporary license to open new casino in India's Sikkim state". Calvin Ayre News. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Visit Deltin Royal – the Largest Cruise Casino in Goa". GamblingBaba. 7 March 2021. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Deltin Jaqk Casino". www.worldcasinodirectory.com. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Delta Corp to build new floating casino in Goa, details plans for first integrated resort". IAG. 28 February 2021. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- Market, Capital (11 March 2019). "Delta Corp gains after acquiring Jalesh Cruises Mauritius". Business Standard India. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "India – DeltaCorp issued with licence for Casino Deltin Denzong". G3 Newswire. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Deltin launches its first international casino in Kathmandu, Nepal". Times of India Travel. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "5 Star Casino Hotel in Goa | Deltin Suites". www.deltin.com. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Hotels in Daman | Deltin Daman | Daman Hotels India". www.deltin.com. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- Kalesh, Harini Subramani & Baiju (20 September 2010). "Jhunjhunwala, other investors to buy 11% stake in Delta Corp". mint. Retrieved 14 August 2021.