Delta Force: Xtreme 2
|Engine||Black Hawk engine|
|Genre(s)||First-person shooter, Action|
The game was officially released on June 2 2009 in North America, and became available worldwide through digital download through numerous sites including the NovaWorld Store, as of 19 June the game is available for download through Steam. DFX2 focuses on fast and intense military FPS gameplay. It supports the popular Delta Force style infantry play, and blends in fast action vehicle combat from Joint Operations. DFX2 is similar to the older titles' gameplay style and will be a more "complete" version of Delta Force Xtreme, along with fresh content, better weapons and vehicle balancing, improved networking and cheat protection. DFX2 does not use Angel Falls' engine. DFX2 has added multiplayer features, such as in-game squad emblems on characters and vehicles, and the ability to respawn in teammates' vehicles. DFX2 comes with the MED mission editor and a huge number of terrains and assets for players to create their own battleground and host them online. The game also works with the beta version of the NILE editor - although not officially supported.
DFX2 single player campaign has 10 missions. Plot centers around catching the arms dealer.
A free beta was available to the public for DFX2. The beta was first issued to Gold Members at NovaWorld 2, but later anyone could download it and play. Additionally, players were able to test both single player and multiplayer content.
Scott Lee was the composer, senior sound designer and audio director of Delta Force Xtreme 2. From the game title song Infection to all the voice and audio work was created at the Agoura Hills, CA Novalogic offices. While working on Delta Force Xtreme 2, Scott also was heavily involved with the Angel Falls soundtrack and sound design for its long development cycle. Scott was also the main composer of the Summoner series from Volition THQ
- "Delta Force: Xtreme 2". Amazon.com. Retrieved January 23, 2009.
- "News - Novalogic Games - Now on Steam". Steam. June 18, 2009. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "DFX2 Open Beta (NovaHQ)". Chrispy. April 13, 2009. Retrieved April 14, 2009.
- "Delta Force: Xtreme 2 for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Delta Force: Xtreme 2 for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Shannon, Daniel (June 10, 2009). "Delta Force: Xtreme 2 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Butts, Steve (June 12, 2009). "Delta Force Xtreme 2 Review". IGN. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Delta Force: Xtreme 2". PC Zone: 74. December 2009.