|Founded||1962 in Richmond, British Columbia|
Number of locations
|63 (Canada, China, Europe, United States, as of December 31, 2018)|
|Products||city-centre, airport and resort properties|
Delta Hotels is a four-star brand of hotels and resorts located primarily in Canada. Originally independent, it was owned for a time by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation; since 2015, the chain has been wholly owned by Marriott International. As of December 31, 2018, it has 63 hotels with 15,467 rooms.
Delta had a hotel in the United States, the Delta Court of Flags Hotel, located in Orlando, Florida, but it was closed sometime after 1996 and subsequently demolished. The hotel chain was a 100% holding of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts from 1998 to 2007.
On October 2, 2007, British Columbia Investment Management Corporation announced that it had acquired Delta Hotels. On March 31, 2015, Marriott International bought Delta Hotels from BC Investment Management Corporation.
Delta is now a wholly owned brand of Marriott and is included in the Marriott Rewards (now known as Marriott Bonvoy) loyalty program as of early 2016. Marriott International's corporate head office is at 10400 Fernwood Road in Bethesda, Maryland.
In 2014, Delta completed the Delta Toronto Hotel, a purpose-built hotel in downtown Toronto which, at 46 storeys, became Toronto's tallest hotel-only tower. Although its largest footprint is in Ontario, Delta Hotels can be found across Canada, in all ten Canadian provinces.
Delta opened its 36th hotel in 2015 and entered the United States market with a new property in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Now that Delta is owned by Marriott, there are plans to expand the brand into cities around the world. As of June 2018, there were 27 Delta properties in the United States.
Delta featured its own rewards program, called Delta Privilege. Since Marriott has acquired Delta, Delta Privilege was phased out, moving into Marriott Rewards. In 2019, Marriott International revealed their revisioned loyalty program Marriott Bonvoy.
- http://deltahotels.marriott.com/#locations. Missing or empty
- "Article: Delta: Down time is right time for $38M redesign: Hotel will get new... | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy". AccessMyLibrary. 2001-12-14. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Delta Hotels acquired by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation".
- "Marriott International Completes Acquisition of Delta Hotels and Resorts®; Becomes the Largest Full-Service Hotelier in Canada". Marriott Newsroom.
- "Delta Toronto Hotel Officially Opens at Simcoe and Bremner | Urban Toronto". urbantoronto.ca. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Marriott International Launches Delta Hotels and Resorts in The United States". Marriott Newsroom. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Marriott International Expands Delta Hotels and Resorts Globally With Opening Of First U.S. Property - Marriott News Center". marriott.com. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Use Marriott's Hotel Directory to Conduct Your Hotel Search". www.marriott.com. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Marriott Bonvoy at Delta Hotels and Resorts". Marriott Bonvoy. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delta Hotels.|