|Randall E.Curran - CEO|
|Products||Landline Telephone Service, Internet Service, Frame Relay, ATM|
Number of employees
Deltacom, Inc. (formerly ITC^DeltaCom, Inc.) was a regional competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) operating in the southern United States. Deltacom provides voice (local and long distance), Internet service and wide area network connectivity via frame relay, ATM, or dedicated point-to-point circuits. Additionally, Deltacom provides directory assistance to its own customers as well as selling the service to other carriers.
On October 1, 2010, Deltacom and EarthLink announced a definitive agreement for EarthLink to acquire Deltacom for $3.00 per share for a total transaction value of approximately $516 million, including assumption of $325 million in debt. Several law firms have begun investigating whether the proposed transaction is fair to the Company's shareholders.
Deltacom, Inc. is the result of several mergers of various telecommunications companies over the last 100 years. The current incarnation was privately held by the ITC Holding Company before going public in 1997 as ITC^DeltaCom. In 2003 the company merged with North Carolina-based Business Telecom, Inc. (BTI). In 2006 the company dropped the ITC from its name as the ITC Holding Company no longer owned a controlling interest. As of April 2005, the primary shareholder is the private equity investor Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
ATLANTA, GA and HUNTSVILLE, AL – October 1, 2010 — EarthLink, Inc. (NASDAQ: ELNK), one of the nation's leading Internet service providers, and ITC^DeltaCom, Inc. (OTC: ITCD.OB), a leading provider of integrated communications services to customers in the southeastern United States, today announced a definitive merger agreement under which EarthLink will acquire ITC^DeltaCom (Deltacom) for $3.00 per share in cash. The transaction is valued at approximately $516 million, including assumption of $325 million in debt. The purchase price represents a multiple of approximately 4.7x Adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP measure, see definition in "Non-GAAP Information for EarthLink" below) for the twelve months ended June 30, 2010, including expected cost synergies and excluding one-time transaction costs.
- Randall E.Curran - Chief Executive Officer
- Richard E. Fish, Jr. - Chief Financial Officer
- J. Thomas Mullis - General Counsel
- Jim O'Brien - Executive Vice President, Operations
- Anthony A. Tomae - Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing and Customer Service
Deltacom primarily provides services to the following 8 states:
- "Deltacom, Inc. Corporate Fact Sheet" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-12-09. Retrieved 2007-01-16.
- "EarthLink to Acquire ITC^Deltacom".
- "Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Investigating the Merger".
- Robertson, Rob (2003-07-11). "ITC DeltaCom, BTI to merge operations". Retrieved 2007-01-16.
- "ITC^DeltaCom Communications, Inc. Changes Name to DeltaCom, Inc. and Introduces New Logo and Tag Line". 2006-04-11. Retrieved 2007-01-16.
- "SEC Form SC 13D/A -- General statement of acquisition of beneficial ownership [amend]". 2005-04-06. Retrieved 2007-01-19.
- "EarthLink Press Release". Retrieved 26 September 2016.
|This article about a telecommunications corporation or company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|