Headquarters in Hanover
|Industry||Internet, online retailing|
|Founded||Hanover, Germany (1999)|
|Products||tires, car parts|
|Revenue||€ 501,7 million EUR (2014)|
Number of employees
Delticom AG is a listed company based in Hanover. It operates 140 online shops in 42 countries selling car and motor cycle tyres and a range of accessories to both private and corporate customers. Delticom is Europe’s largest online tyre retailer with sales of over €500 million per year.
Delticom was founded in Hanover in 1999 by Rainer Binder and Andreas Prüfer, two former managers at Continental AG.
In 2000, Delticom AG launched ReifenDirekt.de, its first online shop for end consumers. This was followed in June of the same year by Autoreifenonline.de, the first such outlet for trade customers. In August 2001, Delticom set up its first subsidiary in the form of Delticom Ltd. in the United Kingdom and launched mytyres.co.uk, its first online tyre shop in a non-German speaking country.
In April 2002, the firm was nominated for the German Business Start-Up Award (German: Deutscher Gründerpreis) and achieved a top-three placement in the category for fast-growing companies. From 2003, the firm expanded its existing tyre range by adding engine oils, motor cycle batteries, rear and roof carrier systems and car parts. In November 2003, Delticom won a cash award in the German Internet Prize for its Internet tyre retail concept. In December of the same year, it won the 2003 World Summit Award.
In September 2004, Delticom AG acquired new investors in the form of Nord Holding and RBK (both based in Hanove. permitting further international expansion. A further prize came Delticom’s way in October 2004 when it secured third place in the "Deloitte Technology Fast50" Competition. The company won recognition for being one of the fastest growing German technological companies not quoted on the stock exchange.
Delticom has been quoted in the Prime Standard market segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. From 19 December 2008 until 22 June 2015 Delticom Shares have been a part of SDAX. The share is also traded on the Nisax20 Index in Lower Saxony. In September 2013, Delticom acquired its competitor Tirendo for approximately €50 million.
Delticom AG owns the following subsidiaries:
- Delticom North America Inc., Benicia (California, USA)
- Delticom OE S.R.L., Timisoara (Romania)
- Delticom Tyres Ltd., Oxford (United Kingdom)
- Deltiparts GmbH, Hannover (Germany)
- Giga GmbH, Hamburg (Germany)
- Pnebo Gesellschaft für Reifengroßhandel und Logistik mbH, Hannover (Germany)
- Reife tausend1 GmbH, Hannover (Germany)
- Tirendo Deutschland GmbH, Berlin (Germany)
- Tirendo Holding GmbH, Berlin (Germany)
- TyresNET GmbH, Munich (Germany)
- Tyrepac Pte. Ltd., Singapore
- Wholesale Tire and Automotive Inc., Benicia (California, USA)
- Delticom Annual Report 2014 (pdf) 13 March 2015.
- "Online-Reifenhändler Delticom muss Tirendo-Zukauf verdauen" [Online tire dealer Delticom needs to digest Tirendo acquisition] (in German). 16 May 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "German Business Start-Up Award 2002" [StartUp Deutscher Gründerpreis 2002] (Press release) (in German). 14 May 2002. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Deutscher Internetpreis an 24translate, Delticom und YellowMap vergeben" [German Internet Prize awarded to24translate, Delticom and YellowMap] (in German). 1 November 2003. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "World's Best Practice News – World Summit Arard 2003" (PDF). 5 November 2003. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Das Internetunternehmen freenet.de AG erreicht Platz Eins des Deloitte Technology Fast 50 des Jahres 2004" [Internet company freenet.de AG achieves first place in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for 2004] (in German). 14 October 2004. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Delticom AG — Mitbewerber gekauft" [Delticom buys competitor]. Niedersächsische Wirtschaft (in German). October 2013. p. 52.
- Delticom 3-Monthly Report 2015 13 mai 2015.
- "BMWi prämiert Gewinner beim "Gründerwettbewerb — Mit Multimedia erfolgreich starten" auf der SYSTEMS 2006" [Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology awards prize for successful multimedia startup at SYSTEMS 2006] (Press release) (in German). Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (Germany). 26 October 2006. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delticom.|