|• Total||2.2 sq mi (5.8 km2)|
|• Land||2.2 sq mi (5.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||947 ft (289 m)|
|• Density||404/sq mi (155.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||Area code 269|
|GNIS feature ID||0624538|
Delton is located in southwestern Barry County. It is bordered to the north by Hope Township. To the west the CDP extends slightly into Prairieville Township, Cloverdale and Cedar Creek. State highway M-43 runs through the town center, leading northeast 14 miles (23 km) to Hastings and southwest 19 miles (31 km) to downtown Kalamazoo.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Delton CDP has a total area of 2.2 square miles (5.8 km2), of which 2.2 square miles (5.6 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 2.99%, is water. The eastern end of Crooked Lake occupies the western part of the CDP.
Delton Kellogg High School, Middle School, and Elementary school are all located in the CDP, in the center of town.
In 1883 a railroad was created and went through Delton. In 2008 the last tracks were torn up. In 1936, Delton Kellogg Agricultural school was built, and that helped increase Delton's population. There are over 10 lakes in Delton.
- Delton Kellogg Elementary School
- Delton Kellogg Middle School
- Delton Kellogg High School
- Kidz Care Center
- Early Head Start
- Ceder Creek Christian School
Sites of interest
- The Bernard Historical Museum is in the western corner of the CDP on the north shore of Crooked Lake.
- Gilmore car museum 6865 W Hickory Road, Hickory Corners Michigan.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Delton CDP, Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 23, 2013.