|No. 24 – Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
|Born:||October 25, 1989|
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||McDonogh 35|
(New Orleans, Louisiana)
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
|Career CFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Delvin Lionel Breaux (born October 25, 1989) is an American professional Canadian football cornerback of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League. He attended McDonogh 35 High School in New Orleans, Louisiana. He has been a member of the Louisiana Bayou Vipers, New Orleans VooDoo, Hamilton Tiger-Cats and New Orleans Saints.
Breaux fractured his C4, C5 and C6 vertebrae during a kickoff return in a high school football game on October 27, 2006. His doctor said it was "like a miracle" that he was neurologically fine. He had earlier received a scholarship to play football for the LSU Tigers. The Tigers honored his scholarship and he arrived at LSU in December 2008 but was never cleared to play. He was a player-coach for the Tigers. Breaux eventually stopped going to practice and later left LSU.
Louisiana Bayou Vipers
New Orleans VooDoo
Breaux was signed by the New Orleans VooDoo of the Arena Football League (AFL) on November 5, 2012. He was placed on Other League Exempt by the VooDoo on May 22, 2013. His AFL rights were assigned to the Tampa Bay Storm on October 16, 2015.
New Orleans Saints
In his first game with the Saints on September 13, he recovered a fumble against the Arizona Cardinals. Breaux recorded his first career interception during the Saints' 39-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. He was the Saints' recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award for the 2015 season. Breaux finished his first year in the NFL with 45 tackles and 3 interceptions. He was voted the team's defensive MVP by a fan vote on the Saints' website.
He suffered a broken fibula during the team's first game of the 2016 season on September 11. He missed the next six games then suffered a shoulder injury in Week 14. He was placed on injured reserve on December 23. 2016.
On August 16, 2017, Breaux suffered a fractured fibula yet again, to the same leg, and was ruled out for six weeks. He was initially diagnosed with a leg contusion by two orthopedic doctors on the Saints' medical staff, but later underwent an x-ray after making no substantial progress in the injury healing. The Saints subsequently fired two doctors over the misdiagnosis. He was placed on injured reserve on September 5, 2017.
Second stint with Hamilton Tiger-Cats
On June 18, 2018, Breaux returned to the CFL when he signed a one-year deal with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Breaux's contract with Hamilton made him the highest paid defensive back in the Canadian league, making a little less than $200,000 before incentives.
- Breen, Matt (October 11, 2015). "NFL Report: Saints' Breaux continues remarkable comeback". philly.com. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- "Plenty To Be Thankful For". arenafootball.com. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- Whittaker, Rachel (May 29, 2013). "New Orleans VooDoo DB Delvin Breaux moves on to Canadian Football League". nola.com. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- "Historical Team Transactions". arenafan.com. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- "STORM ACQUIRE THREE IN OFF-SEASON ASSIGNMENT PROCESS". tampabaystorm.com. October 16, 2015. Retrieved December 14, 2016.
- "Historical Team Transactions". arenafan.com. Retrieved December 14, 2016.
- "Transactions 2013". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- "Ticats have huge void to fill with departure of Delvin Breaux". The Canadian Press at CBC.ca. March 26, 2015. Archived from the original on June 11, 2015. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "New Saints cornerback Delvin Breaux has 'elite' skills, says former CFL coach". nola.com. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- "Delvin Breaux". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- "Delvin Breaux named Saints winner of Ed Block Courage Award". neworleanssaints.com. November 30, 2015. Archived from the original on January 1, 2016. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Hendrix, John. "New Orleans Saints fans vote Delvin Breaux defensive MVP". whodatdish.com. Archived from the original on February 7, 2016. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- Jackson, Zac (September 11, 2016). "Saints cornerback Breaux out with broken fibula". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- Teope, Herbie (December 23, 2016). "Saints cornerback Delvin Breaux lands on injured reserve; Robenson Therezie claimed off waivers". NOLA.com.
- "Saints' Delvin Breaux puts past behind, focused on returning healthy". Nola.com. Retrieved October 22, 2017.
- Patra, Kevin. "Delvin Breaux out six weeks with fractured fibula". NFL. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- "New Orleans Saints announce roster moves". NewOrleansSaints.com. September 5, 2017. Archived from the original on February 10, 2018.
- "Source: Ex-Saints CB Breaux returns to CFL". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- "Ticats make Delvin Breaux highest paid DB in the CFL - 3DownNation". 3DownNation. 2018-06-18. Retrieved 2018-06-19.