|Original author(s)||Channel 5|
|Operating system||Windows (XP, Vista, 7,8,10)
Mac OS X
PS3 (30 days + archive)
Windows Phone 8
freeview Channel 54 My5
FREEVIEW CHANNEL106 MY5
As Five Download, the service offered downloads in Windows Media Video format of the US imports CSI, House and Grey's Anatomy. Individual episodes of them could be 'rented', with some episodes available 7 days before they appeared on TV.
More varied content from Channel 5's programming has become available since June 2008, with a wider prevalence of free content offered for 30 days after broadcast. In January 2009, Demand 5 began to offer content in the Flash Video format, allowing users with Apple Macintosh computers to access their content.
- 1 Web platforms
- 2 Television platforms
- 3 Game consoles
- 4 Mobile platforms
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Demand 5 had been available on SeeSaw since the launch of the service, with access to Demand 5's archive of shows such as Cowboy Builders, Fifth Gear, Home and Away, Neighbours and many more. In September 2011, all Demand 5 content was removed from SeeSaw.
In February 2010, Demand 5 launched on TV.com with around 250 hours of archive content as well as catch-up. This represented the first major deal for long-form content in Europe for TV.com. As part of the deal, advertising is sold by CBS Interactive.
Demand 5 is also partly available on YouTube, launching in the United Kingdom on 4 December 2009. Demand 5's catch-up content reaches YouTube shortly after TV transmission and users are able to browse 250 hours of the broadcaster's archive content.
Demand 5 launched on BT Vision on 7 October 2008. Demand 5 was removed from BT Vision on 6 October 2010, although the two companies continued discussions in a bid to reinstate the service, having previously stalled during contract renegotiations. The service returned to BT Vision in May 2011.
On 26 July 2013, Now TV released a Now TV-branded Roku streaming box, including a Demand 5 app. Three days after the release of the Now TV Box, Roku added Demand 5 to its own range of streaming devices.
Televisions and Blu-ray players
On 13 May 2011, it was announced that Demand 5 would also be available on Samsung's Smart TVs through their Samsung Smart TV service. On 16 January 2013 a Demand 5 app was launched and is available to download on Samsung Apps.
Demand 5 was one of four services available at the launch of YouView in July 2012. At launch the Demand 5 app contained options to resume watching recent programmes, access favourites, browse featured programmes or a full list of shows, find similar programmes or more episodes and an integrated search bar.
A Big Brother Demand 5 app for the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone launched on 19 August 2011, the app offered a 30-day catch-up service for Big Brother content. The app has been extended to incorporate catch-up content from Channel 5, 5* and 5USA, creating an overall Demand 5 app. The app is compatible with iOS 4.2 or later. Reviews of the app have been very poor due to, among other issues, that Demand 5 can only be used on Wifi networks, rather than 3G or 4G
On 16 May 2013, Demand5 was launched on a range of Samsung Galaxy Android devices including smartphone and tablets
- "Demand Five launches". Channel 5. 17 July 2008.
- "Demand Five online streaming review". Macworld UK. 18 May 2009.
- "What is Demand 5?". Channel 5. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "What programmes are available and when?". Channel 5. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Five to deliver on-demand TV over Facebook". Wired. 11 August 2010.
- "SeeSaw announces more content deals". Digital Spy. 29 January 2010.
- "SeeSaw Crunch Time: Execs Leave Amid Restructure As Channel 5 Disappears". paidContent. 14 September 2011.
- "TV.com and Five announce content partnership". CBS Interactive. 25 February 2010.
- "Five agrees YouTube on-demand deal". Digital Spy. 4 December 2009.
- "Channel Five signs BT Vision on-demand deal". Guardian.co.uk. 7 October 2008.
- "Demand Five - GONE". BT Vision. 7 October 2010.
- "BT Vision adds iPlayer, Virgin takes Demand Five". C21 Media. 11 November 2010.
- "Freesat adds Demand 5 catch-up content". Digital Spy. 6 August 2013.
- "The NOW TV Box is here!". Now TV. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Roku adds Channel 5, Toon Googles". Digital TV Europe. 29 July 2013.
- "Channel 5's on-demand service to launch on Sky". Digital Spy. 26 July 2012.
- "Five signs agreement with Sony for new internet TV Platform". Channel 5. 3 September 2009.
- "Channel 5 agrees Samsung VOD tie-up". Digital Spy. 13 May 2011.
- "Demand 5 Samsung Smart TV App Details". Samsung UK. 16 January 2013.
- "Catch-up with Demand Five on Virgin Media". Virgin Media. 11 November 2010.
- "Humax YouView DTR-T1000 review". Expert Reviews. 24 July 2012.
- Demand 5 brings your favourite shows to PS4, channel5.com, November 2013.
- "Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV". Microsoft. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- "Xbox 360 to launch new TV and film services". The Daily Telegraph. 7 October 2011.
- "Channel 5 launches Big Brother Apple apps". New Media Age. 24 August 2011.
- "Demand 5 By Channel Five". Apple.com. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Demand 5 - Apple App Store". Retrieved 9 June 2014.