From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up deme or demesman in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A deme was a subdivision of Attica in ancient Greece.
Deme may also refer to:
- Deme, an alternative name for the municipalities of Greece (Greek: δήμος, dhímos; pl. δήμοι, dhímoi)
- Dèmè, Benin
- Deme (biology), a local population of organisms of one species that actively interbreed with one another and share a distinct gene pool
- DEME, one of the largest dredging companies in the world
- Deme, an Iranian name for the Towers of Silence
- Masanobu Deme (1932–2016), Japanese film director
- József Deme (born 1951), Hungarian Olympic sprint canoeist
- Imre Deme (born 1983), Hungarian football (soccer) player
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Deme.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.