The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New York University, |
Harvard Business School (dropped out)
|Occupation||CEO and Founder of Trendyol group|
Demet Mutlu is a tech entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Trendyol group, the largest mobile e-commerce company based in Turkey. She is an angel investor in Peak Games, a gaming platform founded by Sidar Sahin and Rina Onur, that has more than 30 million monthly users. She has also been a speaker at several conferences including TechCrunch, Davos World Economic Forum, Financial Times Summit, Noah and Fortune. She is married to Evren Ucok, who is the managing partner of Earlybird VC for EMEA region.
Demet Mutlu graduated cum laude in Economics from New York University. In 2008, she attended Harvard Business School. During her 1st year at Harvard MBA she founded Trendyol.com and dropped out to build her company.
In 2009, Demet founded Trendyol.com, the leading mobile e-commerce company in Turkey. Trendyol, where Demet is CEO has received strategic investment from Alibaba Group in 2018.
She has also been named one of the Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fortune 40 under 40, Business of Fashion 500 Award- top 500 shaping Fashion Industry, 50 Most Inspiring Women in Tech, Fortune Powerful Top 50 Women, 100 Tech in EU  and the Entrepreneur of the year of 2013 by Economist.
In 2011 she was selected as a Global Shaper by WEF, and was the founding member of the Global Shapers in Turkey, she also attend Davos in 2012. She has been named as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2016. The Young Global leaders include Mark Zuckerberg, Sergei Brin, Ashton Kutcher, Lauren Bush, Chelsea Clinton, Marissa Mayer.
- "Peak Games rockets to third most popular social gaming platform in world eight months after becoming Endeavor Entrepreneur". Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "Chris Morton (Lyst), Demet Suzan Mutlu (Trendyol), and Jose Neves (FarFetch) Talk Haute Couture Online with Colleen Taylor". Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "Bloomberg: Demet Mutlu, Fashion-Forward in Turkey". Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "Demet Mutlu, Women of Turkey Interview". Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "Fortune's most promising women entrepreneurs". Fortune. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Fortune Türkiye 40 yaş altı 40 listesi açıklandı". www.fortuneturkey.com. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Demet Mutlu | #BoF500 | The Business of Fashion". The Business of Fashion. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Meet The Fifty Most Inspiring Women In European Tech - Inspiring fifty". Inspiring fifty. Archived from the original on 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Türkiye'nin en güçlü 50 iş kadını". www.fortuneturkey.com. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- Butcher, Mike. "GirlsInTech Pick Their Top 100 Women In Tech In Europe". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Ekonomist". www.ekonomist.com.tr. Archived from the original on 2016-02-22. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Demet Mutlu | World Economic Forum". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Demet Mutlu | Global Shapers Community". www.globalshapers.org. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- "Young Global Leaders, Class of 2016". Retrieved 2016-03-16.