|No. 92, 93|
|Date of birth:||September 3, 1979|
|Place of birth:||Haynesville, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||275 lb (125 kg)|
|High school:||Haynesville (LA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Demetric Untrell Evans (born September 3, 1979) is a former professional American football defensive end in the National Football League (NFL) for the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins and San Francisco 49ers. He played college football at the University of Georgia.
Evans attended Haynesville High School, developing as an All-State football and basketball player. He accepted a scholarship to play for the University of Georgia, where he was mostly a reserve defensive end, finishing his college career with 86 tackles and 3 starts.
Evans was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dallas Cowboys on April 27, 2001. As a rookie, he played in all 16 games as a reserve player, registering 35 tackles and one sack. His playing time decreased in 2002 and was eventually released on August 31, 2003.
On June 16, 2004, he was signed as a free agent by the Washington Redskins. Not only did he surprised observers by making the team, but because of injuries suffered by Phillip Daniels, he was able to play in 12 games (8 starts) at right defensive end, recording 31 tackles and 2.5 sacks.
He became a core special teams player in the following years until 2008, when he was considered the Redskins best defensive end after appearing in 16 games (11 starts) and also playing defensive tackle on the nickel defense, while finishing tied for second on the team with 3.5 sacks.
San Francisco 49ers
On March 10, 2009, Evans signed in free agency a two-year $3.8 million contract with the San Francisco 49ers to play defensive end on a 3-4 defense. His contract was not renewed after being a reserve player for two years.
- "Last year's long shots not safe now". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Cowboys to escape Texas heat for half of training camp". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Roundup Teams Cut Back Rosters". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Pro football". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Redskins Wrap Up A Little Early to Start Their Vacations". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Washington re-signs two defensive players". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Demetric Evans Moving On". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Niners finalize deal with Evans, Rossum". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "Eleven years later, Demetric Evans graduates from UGA". Retrieved February 19, 2016.