Demetrius and Terry Flenory
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Black Mafia Family. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2013.|
|Demetrius and Terry Flenory|
|Born||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Other names||"Big Meech" (Demetrius) "Southwest T" (Terry)|
|Years active||Late 1980s – 2005|
|Organization||Black Mafia Family|
Demetrius Edward Flenory (born June 21, 1968 in Detroit, Michigan) and Terry Lee Flenory (born January 10, 1970 in Detroit, Michigan) are brothers and American drug traffickers. They founded the Black Mafia Family (BMF), a criminal organization based in Detroit, Michigan, and are currently serving 30-year sentences in federal prison. Demetrius is also known as "Big Meech", Terry as "Southwest T."
Black Mafia Family
The Flenory brothers founded a drug distribution organization in Detroit in the late 1990s. The organization became known as the Black Mafia Family in the year 2000. The BMF was involved in large-scale trafficking of cocaine throughout the United States from 1990 through 2005. Its network eventually got extended as far as Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Georgia.
Arrest, guilty plea and sentencing
Agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration arrested Demetrius and Terry Flenory in 2005. In 2007, they pleaded guilty to drug trafficking and money laundering. They were sentenced to 30 years in federal prison in 2008.
Demetrius Flenory is currently incarcerated at Federal Correctional Institution, Pollock, a medium-security federal prison in Louisiana. Terry Flenory is currently incarcerated at the Federal Correctional Institution, Coleman Low, a low-security federal prison in Florida. They are scheduled for release in 2032.
- "The Black Mafia Family", February 2010, Atlanta Magazine
- "United States v. Smith", April 7, 2010, Law.com
- "Black Mafia Family Members Sentenced to 30 Years", September 12, 2008, Drug Enforcement Administration
- "Demetrius Flenory", Federal Bureau of Prisons
- "Hustlaz Ambition: BMF’s Big Meech", February 24, 2009, The Source
- "Young Jeezy, Big Meech, the Black Family Mafia, and a Hundred Thousand Kilos of Coke", May 6, 2010, Miami New Times
- "The "Black Mafia Family" Movie Is Coming To A Theater Near You!", June 24, 2011, Complex