Democratic Alignment (2015)
|Founded||30 August 2015|
|Merged into||Movement for Change|
20 / 300
Formation and enlargements
The alliance was launched on 30 August 2015, prior to the September snap election formed by the Panhellenic Socialist Movement (PASOK) and the Democratic Left (DIMAR). Citizens' Movements for Social Democracy joined the Democratic Alignment as well.
In 13 January 2017 MPs Leonidas Grigorakos and Ilchan Achmet joined the Democratic Alignment.
17 / 300
The name Democratic Alignment has been previously used by a 1950/51 centre-left coalition. It was proposed in 2014 by Evangelos Venizelos as a new name for PASOK, but was rejected by former prime minister George Papandreou.
- A. Makris (2015-08-30). "PASOK and DIMAR Cooperation in Greek Elections | GreekReporter.com". Greece.greekreporter.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "PASOK seals vote pact with DIMAR | News". ekathimerini.com. 2015-08-30. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Επισήμως "Δημοκρατική συμπαράταξη" ΠΑΣΟΚ - ΔΗΜΑΡ | πολιτικη". ethnos.gr. 2015-08-30. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Papapostolou, Anastasios (2015-09-21). "Greek Elections: Official Final Results | GreekReporter.com". Greece.greekreporter.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Papapostolou, Anastasios. "Greek Elections: Official Final Results | GreekReporter.com". Ελλάδα.greekreporter.com.
- Nohlen, D & Stöver, P (2010) Elections in Europe: A data handbook, p830 ISBN 978-3-8329-5609-7
- Philip Chrysopoulos (23 November 2014). "PASOK Rejects Papandreou Proposal on Party Leadership Election". Greek Reporter. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
|This article about a Greek political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|