|Founded||19 April 2015|
|Split from||Socialist People's Party|
|Political position||Centre to centre-left|
8 / 81
85 / 786
Democratic Montenegro (Montenegrin: Demokratska Crna Gora / Демократска Црна Гора, DCG), also known as the Democrats, is a centrist political party in Montenegro. Its current leader, and the founder of Democratic Montenegro is Aleksa Bečić.
The Democrats increased their number of MPs from 2 to 8 in the October 2016 parliamentary election and after the local elections held the same year, the party gained mayoral positions in Budva and Kotor municipalities.
In March 2018, Democrats decides to support the candidacy of independent candidate Mladen Bojanić to run for president of Montenegro at April 2018 presidential election, as did Democratic Front (DF), Socialist People's Party (SNP), United Reform Action (URA) and United Montenegro (UCG). At the election, Bojanić came second, behind Milo Đukanović, with 33.40% of the vote. In the 2018 local elections, Democrats formed an electoral coalition with the United Reform Action in a number of municipalities. After elections Democrats become part of the local government only in Berane, forming an post-election coalition with DF and SNP, remaining opposition in the rest of the municipalities.
|Year||Popular vote||% of popular vote||Overall seats won||Seat change||Government|
|2015||Split from Socialist People's Party||
2 / 81
8 / 81
|Cycle||Popular vote||Overall seats won||Local governments||Mayoral seats|
125 / 786
4 / 23
3 / 23
|Election year||Candidate||#||1st round votes||% of vote||#||2nd round votes||% of vote||Note|
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2016). "Montenegro". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- O nama, Democratic Montenegro official website
- "RTCG — Radio Televizija Crne Gore — Nacionalni javni servis :: Politika :: Bečić predstavio "Demokratsku Crnu Goru"". RTCG — Radio Televizija Crne Gore — Nacionalni javni servis.
- "Bečić izabran za predsjednika "Demokratske Crne Gore — Demokrata"". portalanalitika.me.
- Bojanić predao potpise za kandidaturu, Vijesti
|This article about a Montenegrin political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|