Dempster (CTA Purple Line station)
|Location||1316 Sherman Avenue
Evanston, Illinois 60201
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||May 16, 1908|
|Passengers (2014)||303,799 6.8%|
|Rank||134 out of 143[a]|
The current station has been in place since 1910. A 1991 CTA budget crisis almost precipitated the station's closure, but the CTA decided to keep it open. Dempster is now one of the stations on the CTA's 2004-2008 Capital Improvement Plan.
- #205 Chicago/Golf
Notes and references
- Due to possible double-counting of physically-connected stations, the CTA's official 2014 tally of stations was 145, but for ridership purposes reported having only 143 stations.
- "Monthly Ridership Report – December 2014" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority Ridership Analysis and Reporting. March 5, 2015. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
Media related to Dempster (CTA Purple Line) at Wikimedia Commons
- Train schedule (PDF) at CTA official site
- Dempster (Evanston Line) Station Page
- Dempster Station Page CTA official site
- Dempster Street Station Sherman Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|