Cheryshev lining up for Russia in 2014
|Full name||Denis Dmitriyevich Cheryshev|
|Date of birth||26 December 1990|
|Place of birth||Nizhny Novgorod, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2009–2013||Real Madrid B||109||(22)|
|2013–2014||→ Sevilla (loan)||4||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Villarreal (loan)||26||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 April 2015.
Having earned 45 caps and scored 23 goals in its youth categories, Cheryshev made his debut for the Russia national team in 2012.
He soon followed him to his next club, Burgos CF, entering the team's youth system at the age of nine. During his spell, Cheryshev was selected to play for the youth levels of the Castile and León autonomous football team.
From 2010 to 2012, also in the third level, Cheryshev played 61 matches and scored 11 goals for the B's. He was an important offensive unit as the latter campaign ended in promotion to Segunda División, after a five-year absence.
Cheryshev made his debut in division two on 17 August 2012, playing the full 90 minutes in a 1–2 away loss against Villarreal CF. On 27 November he played his first official game with the first team, a 3–0 home win against CD Alcoyano for the season's Copa del Rey (7–1 on aggregate).
In September 2013 Cheryshev was loaned to fellow league club Sevilla, with the possibility of a permanent deal in June 2014 that finally did not come to fruition, as he joined Villarreal in the same predicament for 2014–15.
Cheryshev scored on his Villarreal debut on 24 August, netting the second goal in a 2–0 win at Levante UD. He recovered somewhat from his injury problems during his spell in the Valencian Community, subsequently returning to the Bernabéu.
Even though he stated in a January 2011 interview to sports daily Marca that he "felt more Spanish than Russian", Cheryshev was called up to the Russian national team for the first time on 6 November 2012, for a friendly game against the United States eight days later. He made his debut in the 2–2 draw, playing the same opponent as father Dmitri 20 years earlier.
Cheryshev played his first competitive game on 14 August 2013, when he came on as a half-time substitute in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Northern Ireland in Belfast. However, after just five minutes on the pitch, he had to be replaced due to injury, in an eventual 0–1 loss.
Cheryshev was called up to a provisional 25-man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on 16 May 2014, being the only player present not playing his club football in Russia. He was, however, left out of Fabio Capello's final list.
- Real Madrid Castilla
- Real Madrid
|Real Madrid B||2008–09||Segunda División B||9||0||0||0||0||0||9||0|
|Real Madrid||2012–13||La Liga||0||0||1||0||0||0||1||0|
|Real Madrid||2015–16||La Liga||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Real Madrid total||0||0||1||0||0||0||1||0|
- Cherysev, el primer ruso en la Casa Blanca (Cherysev, first Russian in the White House); Marca, 21 January 2011 (Spanish)
- "Denis Cheryshev, una perla blanca que creció en Pallafría" [Denis Cheryshev, a white pearl that grew in Pallafría] (in Spanish). Diario de Burgos. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- La cantera del Real Madrid vuelve a ser de categoría (Real Madrid cantera again in the upper leagues); Marca, 27 May 2012 (Spanish)
- Cavenaghi toma los mandos del 'Submarino' (Cavenaghi takes charge of 'Submarine'); Marca, 17 August 2012 (Spanish)
- Cheryshev made his Real Madrid debut; Real Madrid's official website, 27 November 2012
- Cheryshev: "I am grateful to the coach, the players and the crowd"; Real Madrid's official website, 27 November 2012
- Pinero, Alberto; Boullosa, Adrian (1 September 2013). "Cheryshev to join Sevilla on loan from Madrid". Goal.com. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Corrigan, Dermot (2 September 2013). "Denis Cheryshev joins Sevilla on loan". ESPN FC. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "La Liga: Denis Cheryshev leaves Real Madrid in loan move to Villarreal". Sky Sports. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Chesters, Heath (25 August 2014). "Levante 0–2 Villarreal: Patience proves a virtue for Villarreal". Inside Spanish Football. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Cheryshev la rompe en Liga vestido de Amarillo" [Cheryshev tearing it down in La Liga in Yellow] (in Spanish). Marca. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "El cambio de Cheryshev" [The change of Cheryshev] (in Spanish). ABC. 24 October 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "26 игроков в сборной России" [26 players in the national team] (in Russian). Russian Football Union. 6 November 2012. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "Cheryshev se lució en su estreno con Rusia" [Cheryshev excelled in debut with Russia] (in Spanish). Marca. 14 November 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Northern Ireland 1–0 Russia". BBC Sport. 14 August 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Список сборной РФ на ЧМ сократили до 25 футболистов, Черышев заменил Погребняка (in Russian). Rsport. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "D. Cheryshev". Soccerway. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Denis: Denis Dmitriyevich Cheryshev". BDFutbol. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Denis Cheryshev.|
- Real Madrid official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- UEFA.com stats
- Denis Cheryshev at National-Football-Teams.com
- Denis Cheryshev – FIFA competition record