Denis Katsyv is a Russian and Israeli businessman based in Moscow and owner of Prevezon Holdings Limited. He was linked in a civil-assets case to money laundering through real estate investments in the United States, in violation of the Magnitsky Act of 2012; the case was settled in 2017 with the United States Justice Department by Prevezon agreeing to pay $5.9 million in fines.
Katsyv has been represented by attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya, who met with Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn R. Simpson and Donald Trump Jr in the summer of 2016, during the U.S. presidential campaign of the latter's father, then-nominee Donald Trump.
Katsyv is the son of Pyotr Katsyv, a former vice governor and transportation minister of the Moscow region. He was educated and took advantage of business opportunities as Russia began to privatize.
In May 2017, Prezevon settled a case brought by the U.S Department of Justice for $5.9 million in fines. It was related to Russian tax fraud and money laundering originally uncovered by the late Russian lawyer and auditor Sergei Magnitsky. Katsyv was represented by attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya  and law firm BakerHostetler in cooperation with research firm Fusion GPS, which was concurrently assembling opposition research against candidate Trump. He provided financial support to the Human Rights Accountability Global Initiative, a lobbying agent against the Magnitsky Act that was created in February 2015 in Delaware. Denis Katsyv was specifically named in testimony by American-British financier Bill Browder to the United States Senate Judiciary Committee of the 115th Congress on July 27, 2017 in regards to the Magnitsky Act.
- Shalev, Chemi. "The Countless Israeli Connections to Mueller's Probe of Trump and Russia".
- OCCRP. "The Wall Street Connection". www.occrp.org. Retrieved 2017-07-28.
- House, Billy. "Democrats Ask DOJ About Settlement Involving Trump-Linked Lawyer".
- "Acting Manhattan U.S. Attorney Announces $5.9 Million Settlement Of Civil Money Laundering And Forfeiture Claims Against Real Estate Corporations Alleged To Have Laundered Proceeds Of Russian Tax Fraud".
- Flegenheimer, Matt (2018-01-08). "Fusion GPS Founder Hauled From the Shadows for the Russia Election Investigation". Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Sullivan, Eileen. "Russian-American Lobbyist Attended Meeting Organized by Trump's Son".
- Weiss, Michael. "The Russian Attorney at the Center of the Trump Jr. Scandal".
|This business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|