18 January 1997|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||177 lb (80 kg; 12 st 9 lb)|
102nd overall, 2015|
Denis Malgin (born 18 January 1997) is a Swiss professional ice hockey centre currently playing for the Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League (NHL). Malgin was selected by the Panthers in the fourth round, 102nd overall, of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
On 25 July 2016, Malgin signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Panthers.
Malgin made the Panthers' opening night roster for the 2016-17 season. He made his NHL debut on 13 October against the New Jersey Devils. His first career point, an assist, came in his second NHL game, against the Detroit Red Wings on 15 October. He scored his first NHL goal on 2 November against Tuukka Rask of the Boston Bruins. Malgin finished the season with ten points in 47 games. He also skated in 15 games for the Panthers' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.
Malgin's mother and father Albert is originally from Russia. He played for teams in the Soviet Union before moving to Switzerland to continue his career. It was Albert who introduced Malgin to hockey; at age three, Malgin began skating with his father's team. Malgin's brother Dmitri is also a professional hockey player, currently playing in the Swiss League, the second tier league in Switzerland.
Regular season and playoffs
Awards and honors
|IIHF World U18 Championship All-Star Team||2015|||
- "Does Denis Malgin have NHL potential?". thehockeywriters.com. 21 June 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- "Panthers Sign Forward Denis Malgin to Entry-Level Contract". NHL.com. 25 July 2016. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Fialkov, Harvey. "Life without injured Huberdeau and Bjugstad begins for Panthers". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Richards, George. "Bittersweet Sixteen: Barkov honors Fernandez, leads Panthers to win with OT goal". Miami Herald. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "NHL: premier assist de Denis Malgin avec les Florida Panthers". www.lacote.ch (in French). 16 October 2016. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Poupart, Alain (2 November 2016). "Tuukka Rask makes 33 saves in Bruins win". NHL.com. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Forward Denis Malgin". Florida Panthers. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- Yakobson, Alexander (23 April 2013). "Hope of Swiss Hockey?". IIHF.com. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- Fialkov, Harvey (19 September 2016). "Diminutive Swiss teen Malgin shows off big game for Panthers". Sun-Sentinel. Broward County, Florida. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "IIHF announces U18 All-Star Team" (PDF). International Ice Hockey Federation. 21 May 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This Swiss biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|