Denis Moschitto (2011)
|Born||22 June 1977|
Cologne, West Germany
Moschitto made his movie debut in 1999 in Rolf Schübel's Ein Lied von Liebe und Tod. In the following years, Moschitto was mainly seen in youth films and "coming of age" movies such as Schule (No More School, 2000) or Nichts bereuen ("No Regrets", 2001), where the son of an Italian father and a Turkish mother most often appeared as the cunning Italian or Turkish sidekick to the main protagonists.
Moschitto played his first leading role in the comedy Süperseks as a Hamburg-based Turk who sets up a phone sex hotline for fellow countrymen. Moschitto then played another leading role in a comedy as a wannabe star movie director in Anno Saul's film Kebab Connection. The drama Chiko, produced by Fatih Akin, features Moschitto as a small-time gangster from Hamburg who wants to get "to the top" by all means.
Besides his work as an actor, Moschitto is the co-author of the computer books Hackerland and Hackertales and a musician with the bands "Scoopex" and "Shining-8".
- 1999: Ein Lied von Liebe und Tod
- 2000: Schule
- 2001: No Regrets (Nichts bereuen)
- 2003: Northern Star
- 2003: Die Klasse von '99 – Schule war gestern, Leben ist jetzt
- 2003: Verschwende deine Jugend
- 2005: Süperseks
- 2005: Kebab Connection
- 2007: Meine böse Freundin
- 2007: Chiko
- 2008: 1 1/2 Ritter
- 2009: Tatort
- 2011: Woman in Love
- 2011: Almanya – Welcome to Germany
- 2013: Closed Circuit
- 2014: Coming In
- 2017: Wild Mouse
- 2017: In the Fade
- "Im Publikum ist jeder ein Filmexperte". Mittelbayerische Zeitung (in German). 21 September 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Geschichte: Kalenderblatt 2017: 22. Juni". Die Zeit (in German). DPA. 26 June 2017. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Denis Moschitto Biography". filmportal.de. Retrieved July 8, 2009.
- "Die Nominierungen im Überblick". welt.de. March 13, 2009. Retrieved July 8, 2009.