This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
July 23, 1983
|Occupation||computer hacker • whistle blower|
|Relatives||Tina Periša (sister)|
Denis Periša (born July 23, 1983) is a political activist, whistle blower and computer hacker from Šibenik, Croatia. He was convicted and criminally charged in September 1999. He was forbidden to use any form of computer systems or internet for hacking the e-mail of politician Veselin Pejnović, while planting a backdoor to his network. He founded the computer security website Jezgra.org in 1997. He founded ŠI-WIFI wireless, an organization that was formed for his town in 2005.
Law and order
Beginning in 2017, Periša worked on cases for local police and DORH (State Attorney) by coming across and prosecuting online bullies and people spreading hate with possible use of physical violence towards others. He spoke about how to report such crimes on National Television. Shortly after he was threatened and was put under police protection. Later on he was searching for fugitive Ivica Todorić and his online servers.
In August 2010, Periša claimed that he blew the whistle on Social Democratic Party (SDP) for overspending the local city budget on town wireless network. He privately mailed the city mayor on which the mayor replied rough with no interest. That gave Denis steam to publicly confront city Mayor Ante Županović and said they are stealing money.
He turned out to be right in 2013 after local news paper tested out existing wireless network and concluded it was not working. After local political scene changed to Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) it became apparent that Denis will be next man in charge of rebuilding and maintaining local city wireless as most competent. So he did just that in late 2014. More info below.
After decade of claiming to lead hacking groups Denis claims he finally joined Anonymous group firstly fighting against ACTA and similar acts. He endorses and motivate people to start using Linux OS if nothing then for lower power consumption and better power saving. On June 4, 2015 Denis appeared on a skype interview for "Alter EGO" show talking about internet and anonymous representing himself as one of internet freedom fighters.
Innovations and Technology
In January 2019, Periša built and installed a new type of sensor network for the town of Šibenik. Technology is LoRaWAN and it's based on 868Mhz version for this part of the world. Grad Šibenik was first town to do such thing in this part of world.
On 7 October Periša implanted an xNT NFC chip inside his hand and was first to speak about it on national television and other media.
Periša was founder and President of ŠI-WIFI organization from 21 July 2005 until 20 November 2017, when it was closed and a new city network was established.
Potrošači Digitalnog Doba
In November 2019 Periša gave a live presentation and lecture on "Potrošači Digitalnog Doba" in Split, Croatia, on the subject of personal protection and Internet news, hacks and biohacking.
STFF (SpliT Film Festival)
In 2014 Periša began appearing at conferences, giving a guest lecture in Split at the Split Film Festival (STFF) on the subject of "Hacking and (Privacy) Protection". After which he gave interview with same subject to H-Alter magazine with subject "Table to table via smartphones" where he commented all his previous work along with recent WikiLeaks arrests.
KDFV (Creative Days of Faust Vrančić)
- Večernji list, September 17, 1999 "Sixteen years old hacker broke in personal computer and network of Veselin Pejnović (local)"
- Jutarnji list, September 18, 1999 "Hackers are thieves (local)"
- Slobodna Dalmacija, September 18, 1999 "Break in program? of Veselin Pejnović was accidental (local)"
- Slobodna Dalmacija, September 19, 1999 "Šibenik hacker gets criminally charged (local)"
- Slobodna Dalmacija, May 23, 2014 "Šibenik city core covered by WIFI (local)"
- Metro Express, March 15, 2007 (local) "They use WIFI to wirelessly network whole town of Šibenik"
- "Denis plans to make face shields for the local hospital" sibenik.in, March 24, 2020 (local)
- "Drniš hospital gets 3D-Printed face-shields donation" Radio Drniš, April 8, 2020 (local)
- "First 3D-Printed faceshields went to Murter" sibenik.in, March 26, 2020 (local)
- "Denis plays his part in coronavirus outbreak" sibenik.in, March 24, 2020 (local)
- "3D printers works day and night for hospitals" Slobodna Dalmacija, March 26, 2020 (local)
- "Computer experts and designers in fight against coronavirus" morski.hr, March, 2020 (local)
- HRT (Croatian National Television), about how to report hate speech HRT (National Television), April 10, 2017
- Denis in Labirint, HRT (National Television) about working with State Attorney (available on demand)Labirint, HRT (National television) April 10, 2017
- "DarkMan files report on guy endorsing killing" Slobodna Dalmacija, March 30, 2017(local)
- Working with DORH (local) 100posto.hr, March 29, 2017
- "Day after reporting Denis ended under police protection" prvi.hr March 30, 2017
- Only day after Denis needed and received police protection. republika.eu, March 30, 2017
- In few minutes I found out location of Todorić server 100posto.hr, October 26, 2017
- "City gave money to their local Social Democratic Party member for nothing" Šibenski List, August 14, 2010 (local)
- Correspondence with city Mayor which Denis sent prior to building wireless network PDF (local)
- Correspondence – city Mayor replies to Denis Scanned Letter (local)
- "Ante Županović – new city Mayor" T-portal, June 15, 2009 (local)
- "With 50.000kn I could network three towns not just one" Slobodna Dalmacija, August 11, 2010 (local)
- "City wireless is non-working" Novi Tjednik, September 25, 2013 (local)
- "Denis covers city core with WIFI signal" Slobodna Dalmacija, May 22, 2014 (local)
- "Anonymous are modern Robin Hoods" sibenik.in, February 22, 2012 (local)
- "Savings: Denis advices switch to Linux" mok.hr, November 04, 2010 (local)
- "Alter EGO 04.06.2015" Alter_EGO, Jun 04, 2015 (local)
- "Sibenik just entered future of Internet" sibenik.in, March 17, 2019 (local)
- "SIBENSKO KNINSKE KRONIKE 08" youtube.com, February 24, 2019 (local)
- "Sibenik and LoRaWAN future" sibenski.slobodnadalmacija.hr, March 03, 2019 (local)
- "Official The Things Network Sibenik Site" TTN NETWORK, Jan, 2019 (local)
- "First Croatian Cyberfinger" Jutarnji.hr, Oct, 2019 (local)
- "OFFICIAL DOCUMENT"
- "Mother of all networks" sibenskiportal.rtl.hr, April 27, 2014 (local)
- "City covered with wifi network" sibenskiportal.rtl.hr, May 23, 2014 (local)
- "DARKMAN shows how to hack mobile phone or some profile" RTL TELEVISION, May 14, 2019 (local)
- "With 16 he hacked known politician and is now working for police" sibenik.in, May 14, 2019 (local)
- "Croatian hacker showed how he can hack your mobile phone" POSLOVNI.hr, May 14, 2019 (local)
- "DARKMAN shows how to hack mobile phone or some profile" index.hr, May 14, 2019 (local)
- "Udruga Zvonimir" Udruga Zvonimir, November 27, 2019. (local)
- "Potrošači digitalnog doba conference" hup.hr, November 25, 2019. (local)
- "Famous hacker on lecture in Split" Slobodna Dalmacija, November 26, 2019. (local)
- "Central Consumers Portal Croatia" Središnji portal za potrošače, November 2019. (local)
- Intro to lecture on English and Croatian language YouTube recording, September 19, 2014 (English and local)
- "HACKING AND THE (PRIVACY) PROTECTION – lecture" splitfilmfestival.hr, September 04, 2014 (ENGLISH)
- "Denis Periša is giving lecture on hacking on Split Film Festival" sibenik.in, September 04, 2014 (local)
- Organizer mentioning Denis Periša as a guest speaker of STFF in local newspaper Slobodna Dalmacija, September 13, 2014 (local)
- "Table to table via smartphones" H-Alter, September 19, 2014 (local)
- "In search for lost communication" tris.com.hr, October 10, 2014 (local)