Denis Piel is a French photographer and film-maker. He was born in France in 1944. He was raised in Australia and educated in the United States. He lives in the south-west of France. He worked as a fashion photographer in the 1980s; from 1979 he was under contract to Condé Nast. He stopped taking photographs in about 1990, and started a film company called Jupiter Films writing and directing TV commercials. In 2002 he made his fist feature film Love is Blind  A book of his photographs of women, with brief texts by him, Donna Karan and Polly Mellen, was published by Rizzoli in 2012.
- [s.n.] (10 March 2013). Lempaut. Un nouveau projet photographique pour Denis Piel (in French). DOWN TO EARTH book of photos published in 2016. An exhibition of DOWN TO EARTH was shown at PHILLIPS in London in February, 2018. La Dépêche du Midi. (subscription required).
- American Photo. pp. 48–49. ISSN 1046-8986.
- "Model Behavior: Denis Piel Has a Way With Women". 11 September 2012.
- Denis Piel, Polly Allen Mellen, Donna Karan (2012). Denis Piel: Moments. New York: Rizzoli. ISBN 9780847838783.
- Ferla, Ruth La. "Real to the Touch".
- Villarreal, Ignacio. "Denis Piel's first exhibition in Russia opens at the Lumiere Brothers Center for Photography". artdaily.com.