- For the Russian ice hockey player, see Dennis Sergeyev.
|European Amateur Championships|
|2008 Liverpool||Super Heavyweight|
Denis Sergeyevich Sergeev or Denis Sergeyevich Sergeyev (Денис Сергеевич Сергеев; born March 21, 1982 in Vladimir Oblast, Russia) is a Russian amateur boxer who won the silver medal at the 2008 European Amateur Boxing Championships in the super heavyweight division.
Sergeev won a bronze in the 2005 Super-heavyweight Russian senior national championships losing 29:14 to Vladislav Vasilev and won a bronze again in 2006 losing to Magomed Abdusalamov in the semi final by 49:44. The following year in 2007 he won the title beating European champion Islam Timurziev 22:19 in the final and followed the success up in 2008 beating Shamil Gadzhiev to win the title.
European Amateur Championships 2008
Sergeev represented Russia at the 2008 European Amateur Boxing Championships in Liverpool, England. He won a silver medal after being defeated in the final 9:2 by Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev. 2008 (as a Super heavyweight)
- Preliminary round Defeated Andrew Wyn Jones (Wales) RSC4
- Quarter Finals Defeated Mikhaili Sheibak (Belarus) 7-2
- Semi Finals Defeated Memnun Hadzic (Bosnia) RTD3
- Finals Lost to Kubrat Pulev (Bulgaria) 9-2
- "Russian National Championships". STRAFA. Retrieved 16 December 2008.
- "Medallists by weight category" (PDF). International Boxing Association. Retrieved 16 November 2008.
- "Denis Sergeev lifts +91kg trophy". Boxing 2007. Retrieved 16 December 2008.
- "2008 European Boxing Championships Results Service". Amateur Boxing Association of England. Retrieved 16 December 2008.
|This biographical article related to a Russian boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|