Driehaus at a rally in 2016
|Hamilton County Commissioner|
January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Dennis Deters|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 31st district
January 5, 2009 – December 31, 2016
|Preceded by||Steve Driehaus|
|Succeeded by||Brigid Kelly|
January 23, 1963 |
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
|Residence||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Miami University|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Life and career
Driehaus was raised in Green Township by H. Donald "Don" Driehaus and his wife Clare along with her seven siblings. Her seat in the Ohio House of Representatives was previously represented by her brother Steve Driehaus.
After graduation from Miami University, Driehaus went on to own Philipps Swim Club and the Front Porch Coffeehouse in West Price Hill. She also formerly served on the Hamilton County Democratic Executive Committee, and was influential in electing Cincinnati politicians like Todd Portune, David Crowley, Dwight Tillery and John Cranley.
Driehaus and her family reside in Cincinnati.
Ohio House of Representatives
With her term-limited brother, Representative Steve Driehaus, running for Congress, Driehaus sought to succeed him in 2008. With no primary opposition, she faced Republican Steve Johnson in the general election, and won with 67% of the vote.
In her 2010 reelection bid, Driehaus' seat was looked at as a potential pick-up by Republicans. Once again unopposed in the primary, she went on to run against Republican Mike Robinson in the general election. However, she managed to keep her seat, winning this time 54% to 46%.
In 2012, Driehaus won a third term with 71.10% of the vote over Republican Michael Gabbard. She won a fourth term in 2014 with 65% of the vote.
- Committee on Finance & Appropriations (Ranking Democrat)
- Committee on Economic & Workforce Development
- Committee on Ways & Means
Hamilton County Commissioner
|2008||Denise Driehaus||25,600||67%||Steve Johnson||11,735||33%|
|2010||Denise Driehaus||12,981||56.22%||Mike Robinson||10,107||43.78%|
|2012||Denise Driehaus||35,982||71.4%||Michael Gabbard||14,512||28.6%|
|2014||Denise Driehaus||17,798||65.6%||Mary Yeager||8,426||34.4%|
|2016||Denise Driehaus||198,132||50.61%||Dennis Deters||193,390||49.39%|
- Seitz, Amanda (November 22, 2016). "Denise Driehaus officially wins Hamilton County Commission seat, Democrats to take control". WCPO-TV. Retrieved December 17, 2016.
- Brunner, Jennifer 2008 general election results (2008-11-04)
- Dems cry foul: Driehaus versus Robinson
- Brunner, Jennifer 2010 general election results (2010-11-02)
- Ohio Women’s Democratic Caucus Names Leadership Team
- "Kasich budget could mean more local tax issues for rural and suburban schools, legislators complain". Cleveland Plain Dealer. Cleveland. 2015-02-10. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Hamilton County Official Election Results". Hamilton County Board of Elections. November 22, 2016. Retrieved April 26, 2017.