Ivanovs playing for Latvia
|Full name||Deniss Ivanovs|
|Date of birth||11 January 1984|
|Place of birth||Liepāja, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union
(now Republic of Latvia)
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2009–2010||Ajax Cape Town||21||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 January 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 18 January 2015
Born in Liepāja, as a youth player Ivanovs played for his local club Liepājas Metalurgs. He made his first team debut in 2001. With the amount of appearances growing each season, Ivanovs played in Liepāja for 9 seasons, playing 187 league matches and scoring 9 goals. In the last few seasons he was also the captain of the team.
In July 2009 Ivanovs went on trial with the Eredivisie club Ajax. He did not stay with the Dutch team but a month later, on 26 August 2009, he was signed by their farm-club Ajax Cape Town, playing in the Premier Soccer League. Ivanovs signed a three-year contract. He played in South Africa for one season, making 21 appearances in the Premier League.
In July 2010 Ivanovs moved to Turkey, signing a two-year contract with the Süper Lig club Sivasspor. He debuted in a league match against Galatasaray. Ivanovs played all 90 minutes and Sivasspor won the match 2–1, with Ivanovs himself collecting a yellow card. All in all, he appeared in 16 league matches but lost his place in the starting eleven in mid-season due to an injury. Due to the limited playing time in the second half of the season Ivanovs left Sivasspor at the end of the season.
In July 2011 Ivanovs joined the Azerbaijan Premier League club FK Baku alongside his national team team-mate Māris Verpakovskis and manager Aleksandrs Starkovs. He played there for two seasons, winning the Azerbaijan Cup in 2012. Ivanovs was released by Baku at the end of the 2012–13 season.
In February 2014 Ivanovs joined the Romanian Liga I side FC Botoșani. He played 8 matches for them and left the team in mid-summer. In August 2014, after a five-year break, Ivanovs returned to the Latvian Higher League and joined the newly established FK Liepāja. He is currently the captain of the team. Ivanovs is individually sponsored by the company NPK Expert.
Ivanovs made his debut for Latvia at the age of 21, on 24 December 2005, in a King's Cup match against Thailand. He became a first eleven player in 2007. Ivanovs scored his first international goal on 26 March 2008 in a friendly match against Andorra. On 19 June 2010 in a Baltic Cup match against Estonia Ivanovs was firstly named to be the captain of the team. As of 2015, he has collected 60 international caps and scored 2 goals.
- As of 18 January 2015
|2001||Liepājas Metalurgs||Latvian Higher League||1||0||-||1||0|
|2009-10||Ajax Cape Town||ABSA Premiership||21||0||-||21||0|
|2011-12||FK Baku||Azerbaijan Premier League||31||3||5||0||-||36||3|
|2013-14||FC Botoșani||Liga I||8||0||8||0|
|2014||FK Liepāja||Latvian Higher League||11||0||11||0|
- Virsliga champion: (2) 2005, 2009
- Virsliga runner-up: (5) 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Latvian Cup winner: (1) 2006
- Baltic League winner: (1) 2007
- Azerbaijan Cup winner: (1) 2011/12
- Baltic Cup winner: (1) 2008
- PSL/ABSA Premiership 2009/2010 Player Transfers
- "Reform has started in Baku". azerisport.com. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Latvijas futbola aizsargs Ivanovs pievienojies Rumānijas klubam "Botosani"" (in Latvian). kasjauns. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Deniss Ivanovs". http://www.national-football-teams.com/. Retrieved 28 January 2014. External link in
- "11/12 Season" (PDF). pfl.az. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 October 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Premier League Stats 2012/13" (PDF). Peşəkar Futbol Liqası. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 October 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2013.