Denistone railway station
Southbound view in April 2013
|Location||West Parade, Denistone|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||20.16 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Status||Staffed part time|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||26 September 1937|
|Passengers (2013)||530 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Denistone station opened on 26 September 1937 with two side platforms. However they were built with provision to be converted to island platforms at a later date. The western platform so converted on 24 October 1978, and the eastern platform on 27 November 1989 when extra lines were opened.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Hornsby via Strathfield, North Sydney & Gordon|||
|2||services to Hornsby via Strathfield, North Sydney & Gordon|||
|3||services to Epping|||
|4||no booked services|
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Denistone Station NSWrail.net
- Denistone Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Northern Line Quadruplication" Railway Digest December 1987 page 389
- "Eastwood - West Ryde Up Surburban line opens" Railway Digest January 1990 page 9
- West Ryde - Epping SA Track & Signal
- Sydney: Denistone, Back to the 1930s Transit Australia Vol 65 no 8 October 2010
- "T1: Northern line timetable". Transport for NSW.