3 August 1977 |
|Alma mater||Istanbul University|
|Known for||Best Model of Turkey 1997|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10.7 in)|
|Hair colour||Auburn-dark brown (coloured; naturally light brown)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Title(s)||"Best Model of Turkey 1997"|
|Best Model of Turkey
Best Model of the World
Elite Model Look
Deniz Akkaya (born 3 August 1977) is a Turkish top model, presenter, occasional fashion editor and disc jockey, entrepreneur, businesswoman, and actress who won Best Model of Turkey 1997. As the top-earning model in Turkey in the early 2000s, Deniz Akkaya is considered to be one of the most leading models in Turkish fashion history, and one of the most beautiful women of the country.
After graduating from the ISTEK SS Private High School on the Avenue in Kadıköy, she studied American Culture and Literature in Department of Western Languages and Literatures of Faculty of Letters at Istanbul University. Following the competitions Elite Model Look and Best Model of Turkey, she decided to embark on a professional modelling career.
In 2006, Akkaya became the host and lead judge of the fashion-themed reality television show Turkey's Next Top Model, the Turkish counterpart of the Top Model franchise that was hosted by many supermodels, including Tyra Banks in the United States and Heidi Klum in Germany.
Deniz Akkaya starred as Anne Noble in the American film Living & Dying (2007). She speaks fluent English. In 2009, she gave birth to her daughter in Miami, Florida, US. The American actresses Liv Tyler and Milla Jovovich have often been noted for their resemblance to Akkaya.
In 2015, she was also entered in the Best of the Best as one of the Habertürk's top 20 winners of the Best Model of Turkey competition, and finished first amongst the former female titleholders who found entry in the large-scale survey that lasted for fifteen days.
Early life and family
Her father was a bureaucrat and master mariner who served as the CEO (Managing Director) of Turkish Maritime Facilities Inc. Her mother was an economist who worked for Turkish Airlines, the national flag carrier of Turkey. She studied American philology.
Best Model of Turkey
Deniz Akkaya competed in the 10th Best Model of Turkey pageant and won the title "Best Model of Turkey 1997". In 2015, she was also entered in the Best of the Best as one of the Habertürk's top 20 winners of the Best Model of Turkey competition, and finished first amongst the former female titleholders who found entry in the large-scale survey that lasted for fifteen days.
After being crowned Best Model of Turkey 1997, Akkaya decided to embark on a professional modelling career. As a film and television actress, she has acted in the films The Masked Gang: Cyprus (2007), Living & Dying (2007), School (2003), Vizontele Tuuba (2003), and Green Light (2002) in addition to the television series Hemşehrim (1996), Şarkılar Seni Söyler (2003), and Metro Palas (2004). She also served as editor for a fashion magazine and launched the children's luxury ready-to-wear store Chic Frog by Deniz Akkaya.
|2003||Vizontele Tuuba||Deniz Kızı (Mermaid)|
|2003||School||Philosophy teacher Alev||Lead|
|2007||Living & Dying||Anne Noble|
|2007||The Masked Gang: Cyprus||Bilge||Lead|
|2003||Şarkılar Seni Söyler||Ayten Boralı||Lead|
|2006||Turkey's Next Top Model||Herself||Host and lead judge|
|2015–2016||Deniz Akkaya ile Yeniden Ben||Herself||Host|
|October 2015 – August 2016||Aramızda Kalmasın||Herself||Co-host|
|2016||O Bana Çok Benzer||Herself||Episode 1|
|October 2016 – January 2017||Duymayan Kalmasın||Herself||Co-host|
- "Uyuz oldum hırs yaptım!". Hürriyet. 10 January 2000. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- Kucuroğlu, Ayşe (3 February 2013). "Interview with Deniz Akkaya". Archived from the original on 6 February 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- Akdağ, Emin; Söylemez, Haşim (24 May 2004). "Sürgün Yurdu Anadolu" (in Turkish). Istanbul: Aksiyon. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- New Beauty Magazine and Posta (21–28 January 2012). "Çerkes olmakla övünüyorum" [I pride on being Circassian]. Posta (in Turkish). Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- Sabuncuoğlu, Ömür (28 September 2014). "Türkiye'nin En Güzel Kadınlarından Biri Olan Deniz Akkaya, Kızı Ayşe'nin Doğumundan Sonra Değişen Yaşamını HT Magazin'e Anlattı". Habertürk. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Deniz Akkaya Ev'lenmek İçin 3 Milyon Harcadı!". Teknokule. 8 November 2015. Archived from the original on 13 May 2016. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Marie Claire Kids and Hürriyet (24 September 2004). "Kızımın kordonunu kendim kestim". Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Habertürk'ten dev anket! Best of the Best kim?". Habertürk. 9 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Best of the Best'e oy yağıyor". Habertürk. 11 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Best of the Best anketine büyük ilgi". Habertürk. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Best of the Best anketi devam ediyor". Habertürk. 16 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Deniz Akkaya". Habertürk. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Deniz Akkaya, Sema Şimşek, Güzide Duran, Şenay Akay, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ, Kenan İmirzalıoğlu ve daha nice ünlü manken ve oyuncu…" [Deniz Akkaya, Sema Şimşek, Güzide Duran, Şenay Akay, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ, Kenan İmirzalıoğlu, and many other famous model and acting personalities…]. Milliyet (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
|Awards and achievements|
|Best Model of Turkey (female)