|KO:YU former known as Deniz Koyu|
|Birth name||Deniz Akcakoyunlu|
|Also known as||Deniz Koyu, KO:YU|
|Born||29 April 1985|
|Genres||Progressive house, Electro house|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, DJ, music producer|
|Instruments||Keyboards, mixer, synthesizer|
|Labels||Protocol Recordings, Spinnin' Records, Axtone Records, Refune Records, Flamingo Recordings, Recovery House, Netswork Records|
KO:YU aka Deniz Koyu (born as Deniz Akcakoyunlu in Bochum, Germany) is a Turkish/German DJ and electronic dance music producer who specializes in progressive house and electro house. He has received worldwide support from acclaimed DJs such as Avicii, Swedish House Mafia, Tiësto, Dada Life and Fedde le Grand and was named an EDM artist to watch in 2012 by MTV. Getting into EDM(at age 18), he previously enjoyed pop music and indie pop. He lists Daft Punk, disco house and later on progressive and electro house as influences. His track "Tung!" is the most worldwide known from his Discography. He now produces under the name "KO:YU". His latest release under this alias is "Dont Wait" ft. Example (musician) on Spinnin' Records.
One of the most incredible things about dance music is its never-ending search for innovation; new sounds, new styles, new projects, always moving forward. is an artist who embodies that ethos. Previously known under the name Deniz Koyu – a shortened version of his birth name – has already achieved far more than most. But his new project is set to be the most exciting step in his musical career since he laid his hands on piano keys at the age of five.
A true perfectionist, was piqued at a young age and his formative years saw every penny of his pocket money spent on second-hand synths and drum machines. By age sixteen Deniz had learned his craft with the software package Reason, and began writing lounge music singles for this friend's web design agency. His first forays into music appearing on their clients’ websites. This initial taste of a professional music lifestyle fed his obsession, and Deniz was hooked deeper into the world of making his own sounds. It wasn’t long before he began to go out to local house music clubs in Germany and his perspective on the music he wanted to make changed forever when he handed a demo CD to the resident DJ and had some of his early tracks signed.
Fast forward a few years and Deniz’ profile has exploded! Thanks to hit records, released via Spinnin, Protocol and Axtone, including collaborations with Alesso, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Fedde Le Grand and remixes for Zedd, David Guetta and Miike Snow, has become one of dance music's most respected producers. counts the likes of Calvin Harris, Avicii, Tiësto, Swedish House Mafia, Nicky Romero, Hardwell and more among his biggest fans, and the DJs line up to support his music in their DJ sets.
Not only a producer, but an incredible DJ in his own right, has performed at the world's biggest festivals and most iconic clubs. Clocking up hundreds of shows over the past few years, has brought his unique style of dance music to the world's most iconic festivals and clubs, including Tomorrowland, TomorrowWorld, Creamfields, Electric Zoo, Ultra Festival Miami and at the world's #1 club, Green Valley. He's been an ambassador for Sensation White, representing them across the globe, while holding down not one, but two residencies at Wynn in Las Vegas (XS, Surrender and Encore Beach) alongside his residency at legendary Privilege Ibiza.
Itching to create something fresh and to keep his sound moving forward, KO:YU's new material is the culmination of years of practice, plus a refreshing feeling of inspiration. One listen to his debut single under the new moniker, ‘Don’t Wait’ ft. Example gives you an idea of what to expect. A true perfectionist, KO:YU's new material incorporates heavy and infectious pop hooks with cutting edge sound design that is destined to bring him to even wider audiences and even greater acclaim.
- 1 Discography
- 2 References
- 3 External links
- "Roads" (vs Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike)
- "Don't Wait" (feat. Example)
- "Never Alone" (with Thomas Gold)
- "The Way Out" (feat. Amba Shepherd)
- "Lift" (with Don Palm)
- "To The Sun"
- "Goin' Down" (vs Twoloud)
- "Halo" (with Dirty South)
- "Milton & The Nodheads"
- "Lose Control" (feat. Jason Caesar)
- "Time of Our Lives" (feat. Shena)
- "What We Are"
- "The Young Ones"
- "Feel This" (feat. Martin Sola)
- "Taste Me"
- "Smash Up"
- "Aviators" ("Lift" Vocal Mix - with Don Palm)
- Alesso - "I Wanna Know" (Alesso and Deniz Koyu Remix)
- Nick Martin – "Red Lion" (Deniz Koyu Remix)
- Pep & Rash – "Rumors" (Deniz Koyu Remix)
- Eddie Thoneick – "Solar" (Deniz Koyu Edit)
- Krewella – "Live for the Night (Danny Avila & Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Miike Snow – "Pretender (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Zedd feat. Matthew Koma – "Spectrum" (Deniz Koyu Remix)
- Junkie XL feat. Isis Salam – "Off The Dancefloor (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Fedde Le Grand – "So Much Love (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- David Guetta Feat. Taped Rai – "Just One Last Time (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Digitalism – "Zdarlight (Fedde Le Grand & Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Kaskade feat. Rebecca & Fiona – "Turn It Down (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- James Blunt – "Dangerous (Deniz Koyu & Johan Wedel Remix)"
- Flo Rida feat. Akon – "Who Dat Girl (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Michael Canitrot & Ron Carroll – "When You Got Love (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Jean Elan feat. Cosmo Klein – "Feel Alive (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Amloop – "Caminhando E Cantando (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Timofey & Bartosz Brenes vs. Terri B! – Heaven (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Hype Jones & Alex Sayz – "Never Give Up (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- John Dahlbäck – "Back to the Dancefloor (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Yenson – "My Feeling (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Dave Darell – "I Just Wanna Live (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Niels van Gogh – "Dreamer (Deniz Koyu & Micha Moor Remix)"
- Capilari & Salvavida – "Oye Como Va (Micha Moor & Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Guru Da Beat & Tres Amici – "One Love (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Yvan & Dan Daniel – "In Heaven (Join Me) (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Atrocite – "Temptations (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Horny United vs. DJ Sign – "Oohhh (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Kid Chris – "South Beach (Micha Moor & Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Yanou – "A Girl Like You (Deniz Koyu Remix)"
- Jay North feat. Charles Thambi – "Drifting (Deniz Koyu Mix)"
- Atrocite feat. Mque – "Only You (Deniz Koyu Mix)"
- EmSlice & Denga – "So Sexy (Deniz Koyu's Robotsex Remix)"
Family: Theresa Kongarez, Sinan Ergen, Linus Englert, Cornelius Weidmann, Memeth Ergen