Denmark–Latvia relations refers to the bilateral relationship between Denmark and Latvia. Denmark has an embassy in Riga. Latvia has an embassy in Copenhagen. Both countries are members of the European Union and NATO.
Denmark recognized Latvia on 7 February 1921, and diplomatic relations were established on 27 August 1991. On 3 November 1924, a Treaty of Commerce and Navigation was signed. On 28 August 1930, an agreement on reciprocal extradition was signed.
In 1992, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, visited Latvia and the other Baltic states, Estonia and Lithuania. On 27 August 2001, Mogens Lykketoft visited Riga to support Latvias membership in the European Union. Foreign Minister of Latvia, Ģirts Valdis Kristovskis visited Denmark 19 January 2011, to meet Foreign Minister of Denmark, Lene Espersen. The Ministers discussed Afghanistan, the Lisbon treaty and the situation in Belarus. Minister of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and Latvia condemned the detention of opposition politicians in Belarus together.
- "Danish embassy in Riga, Latvia". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- "Latvian embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- "Establishment and Renewal of Diplomatic Relations" (PDF). Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Recueil Des Cours, Collected Courses. Hague Academy of International Law. 1996. ISBN 90-411-0441-0.
- Harrison & Sons (1932). Recueil des traités volume 113. League of Nations.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. "Landefakta Letland" (in Danish). WayBack Machine. Archived from the original on December 10, 2008. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Kongehuset debuterer i Mexico". Jyllands-Posten. 4 February 2008. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Latvia: Danish Foreign Minister Pledges Continued Support for Latvia". IPR Strategic Business Information Database. August 29, 2001. Archived from the original on November 5, 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "While on visit in Denmark, Foreign Minister Kristovskis highlights significance of closer economic co-operation". Latvijas reitingi. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "The Ministers for Foreign Affairs of Denmark and Latvia strongly condemn the continued detention of opposition and civil society representatives including several presidential candidates in Belarus". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. 19 January 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2011.